Fairfax County Fire Frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancoco

I just got my new scanner, it's a Uniden BC355N. I've been looking for the Fairfax County Fire/EMS dispatch frequency, the ones on this site don't work, am I doing something wrong?

fredva

Feed Provider
I'm not seeing an analog dispatch frequency for Fairfax County. Fairfax County is pretty much all digital.

Did somebody tell you that the BC355N would work for Fairfax County Fire and EMS?

fredva

Feed Provider
You would need a digital scanner. Among those are the Uniden BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BCD996P2, and BCD996XT; the Radio Shack PRO-668, PRO-18, and PRO-651, and PRO-652; the Whistler WS1095, WS1065, WS1080, and WS 1040; and the GRE PSR-800, PSR-500, and PSR-600.

One thing to keep in mind is that even with a digital scanner, Fairfax County's digital transmissions can be somewhat garbled depending on your location. This is due to a situation called simulcast, or LSM. A directional antenna pointed at a certain radio tower may help.

I would recommend doing a search in the Virginia forum for "Fairfax P25" or simply "Fairfax" to learn what locals have said about the system. Fairfax is outside of my receiving range.

Status
Not open for further replies.