Fairfax County Fire Station 42

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue will fully staff Station 42 beginning on July 1 2014. The new units coming on line will be Medic 442 and Tanker 442. Tanker 442 will be new and will not replace Tanker 439 as once thought. Like all FFX County fire stations 42 will be staffed 24/7 with a career crew now numbering 8 (I think) which would include the EMS supervisor. I am happy they found the funds to make this happen.

djewel6

Thatll be a good thing to take some of the load off 39 as well as 29 25 and the rest of the Hwy 7 corridor thats busy as heck. Amazing how much the area still continues to grow. I went to HS in Vienna but lived just down the street from where 36 was built (orginally 31 was our closest station till it was built in I believe 1989). Friend of mine from HS is assigned to M402 although I think he maybe up for promotion soon.

JamesO

With the Metro opening in Tyson's in a few weeks and all the new high rise buildings going up, both FCFD and FCPD are going to start getting very busy really quickly.

My wife's company is moving into the new 20 story building on the back side of Tyson's next week, they have the top 6 floors. The 24-26 story condo next door is supposed to be ready for occupancy by Thanksgiving.

Station 29 is the closest to all of this mess but Station 1, Station 42, Station 2 and Station 13 will all carry the brunt of all of the growth in the Tyson's area over the next few years. Might have missed a few as well?

Tyson's is currently the 12 largest employment/business district in the country and I assume will likely move to 10th quickly. Just over 4 square miles of mayhem and traffic.

Assume FCPD will have some sort of satellite facility in Tyson's somewhere soon if they do not have one already. FCFD needs something in Tyson's proper, even if it is just ALS or BLS support of some sort. It is getting impossible to move through the area during peak traffic times unless you really know the tricks to move around and even then there are times where nobody can move.

Status
Not open for further replies.