Fairfax County PD HQ Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Anyone provide info on the usage of the Fairfax Co.PD 'Headquarters Dispatch' talkgroup? I have never heard anything. Is it encrypted (unlike indicated in the RRDB)???

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
It is full time patched to the Fair Oaks/Sully dispatch channels. So One dispatcher basically handles three districts. HQ is for administration units and CID units that are not assigned to specific stations. I think SOD may use it as a primary channel also. Basically it is station "0". Fair Oaks and Sully are full time patched unless they have the staff to split the channel or need due to call volume or emergency. Most of the HQ DISP channel is during the day when non-patrol units mark on and off for the day.

JamesO

It is full time patched to the Fair Oaks/Sully dispatch channels. So One dispatcher basically handles three districts. HQ is for administration units and CID units that are not assigned to specific stations. I think SOD may use it as a primary channel also. Basically it is station "0". Fair Oaks and Sully are full time patched unless they have the staff to split the channel or need due to call volume or emergency. Most of the HQ DISP channel is during the day when non-patrol units mark on and off for the day.

I have noticed this for McLean/Reston District quite often. Usually during quieter hours. Never was able to fully follow why they seemed to work 2 Districts from one Dispatch Talkgroup. If things flare up, often they would move resources working an incident to the idle District channel.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
I had a hunch that was how it was set up. Thanks.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed this for McLean/Reston District quite often. Usually during quieter hours. Never was able to fully follow why they seemed to work 2 Districts from one Dispatch Talkgroup. If things flare up, often they would move resources working an incident to the idle District channel.
Also normally patched are Station 2 (Mt. Vernon) & Station 6 (Franconia), Station 4 (Mason) & Station 7 (W. Springfield)

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Also normally patched are Station 2 (Mt. Vernon) & Station 6 (Franconia), Station 4 (Mason) & Station 7 (W. Springfield)
It's a staffing issue. They dont have enough police trained dispatchers. They are attempting to remedy that with a budget proposal for more staff. They will need it when station 9 comes online in lorton.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
It's a staffing issue. They dont have enough police trained dispatchers. They are attempting to remedy that with a budget proposal for more staff. They will need it when station 9 comes online in lorton.

Station 9. Then what will the Extra cars be numbered?

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Extra cars?

Extra cars, such as 980B, 910A, etc. Wouldn't then Station 9 units be numbered 901A, 912B, 941C,,,, Then 900 series for other stations wouldn't make sense,,, in a unit numbering system sense, that is.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Extra cars, such as 980B, 910A, etc. Wouldn't then Station 9 units be numbered 901A, 912B, 941C,,,, Then 900 series for other stations wouldn't make sense,,, in a unit numbering system sense, that is.

By Extra cars I mean anything with a 900 series number. Are those still 2-officer cars and paddy wagons (is there such a thing?)

While were on the subject, what are 1000 series cars? I hear 1011B from time to time. Sounds like a traffic enforcement car,, or he just like to do a lot of traffic stops on Route 28. :)

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
By Extra cars I mean anything with a 900 series number. Are those still 2-officer cars and paddy wagons (is there such a thing?)

While were on the subject, what are 1000 series cars? I hear 1011B from time to time. Sounds like a traffic enforcement car,, or he just like to do a lot of traffic stops on Route 28. :)

Or just 1011, not 1011B

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I'm assuming the would have to renumber them because the patrol areas would be numbered in the 900 series. Targeted patrol would still be xray series. Dont get me started on "urban"

Status
Not open for further replies.