Fairfax County Police Dept

Status
Not open for further replies.

saphirus1

Since the storm, I have not seen Fairfax County Police Dept online. Can anyone tell me if they know if and when it will be online again? Thanks so much.

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
Yes I see that the live feed for the FFX County police has been offline since the storm. Most likely there is an issue with the provider's computer or ISP connection since the to the best of my knowledge, the Project 25 FDMA is working properly. My only suggestion is to go over to the PW County feed and listen to the Prince William East 1 Dispatch since I believe the provider also includes the Fairfax MT Vernon feed. You can also contact the provider directly and there is a place to do that if you click on the feed link. Fairfax Co Police is a very popular feed and I am sure the provider is working on it.

DrWhoVa

Northern Virginia took a beating from the Derecho Friday night. The feed provider might have equipment damage, no power, house repairs needing to be done. I saw a picture on facebook earlier this week of a major powerline tower (the tall latticework types the carry high current major lines) bent over with the top touching the ground. So they got hammered.

Patience grasshopper, things will return. :)

saphirus1

Thank You Both

Yes, I had a feeling that whomever is providing this feed may be having some technical difficulty. I did try to click on the link to ask the provider, but it pointed me to the president of radioreference! Then it said I did not have rights to contact this person. :) Well, I know I am a newbee and all....but...

I shall be a patient grasshopper. Thanks so much for your responses as they were very helpful. If either of you are premium members and FF Co Police still isn't up for an extended period, I certainly wouldn't mind if you could make a few inquiries on my behalf!

Sincerely,
Newbee in Fairfax

Status
Not open for further replies.