Fairfax County Schools New DMR License

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm205

Individual FCPS locations have been monitored using conventional DMR as well for admin and security. Wonder if those will be subsumed into the trunked system.

dtscho

Database Admin
FCC Callsign WRFJ472 (Fairfax County Public Schools) Was this new authorization discussed as well?

I hadn't seen that license. Judging by the number of mobiles, that looks like it could be for transportation as well. No idea how that would fit with an 800 MHz DMR system. Maybe Fairfax County Schools is still figuring out what they're going to do...

Individual FCPS locations have been monitored using conventional DMR as well for admin and security. Wonder if those will be subsumed into the trunked system.

Yes, individual schools have used DMR for on-site comms for several years now. I would think that those on-site systems would not be a part of the new trunked system, which would mostly serve transportation.

Dave

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I know at one time the county switched them to a LTE push to talk and that did not work well for the school busses. I don't know where the other users on the P16 will end up. That system is at the end of the rope.

Status
Not open for further replies.