Fairfax fire/rescue channel "44D"??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jethunder

About 8PM local on Friday night, I heard station 27 (West Springfield) equipment dispatched to an overdose call with operations on 4D. The unit requested a change to "44D" but I never heard anything on any talkgroup, even after medic 22 was added to the call. Even my wildcard channel on my PRO106 never made a sound. There's no 44D listed in the RR database.

Any ideas where 44D can be found? Are there any other new additions not yet in the database?

Many thanks!

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Could you possibly have 44D programmed in under a different name and locked out.? A Wildcard search would not produce it, if it's programmed and locked out.

Probably not your answer, but just a thought...

mejnetguru

I had a similar question earlier and someone suggested that the 4nx channels might be patches to the main 4A-x channels for operational reasons. That said, I have never heard anything on the 4nX channels related to "incidents" (i.e. 41X, 42X) , only the "main" 4x ones. I even checked with two scanners running, one monitoring only 4D, the other watching 4xD with no traffic on 4xD while 4D is talking.

My guess is maybe an error by the unit? The hospitals do use a 49X group, maybe they were switching to that talkgroup for a patient transport?

See:
https://forums.radioreference.com/v...-fairfax-county-ps-questions.html#post2746229

Last edited:

eng2trk

44D is an encrypted coop channel with LE. 44D-44K are encrypted within that 44 zone. All other talkgroups mirror the standard 4x zone

Status
Not open for further replies.