Fairfax heavily using backup "Services" TSYS for public safety tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

jethunder

Don't know why they're doing it, but the Fairfax Public Safety Trunk is apparently [mostly] offline tonight, and they're instead using the backup talkgroups on the County Services trunk. "Mostly" because the talkgroup for state police and one or two others on the Public Safety trunk still are being used, but police and fire dispatch and response are showing up on the backup talkgroups on the Services system.

And more info: they're identifying talkgroups with labels such as fire response "on 48 Baker" and fire dispatch on "48 Alpha". The RR database shows the backup dispatch is TG25040 but tonight it's happening on TG25232 which the database shows is "Incident 5 back-up". The back-up "48 Baker" response has been on TG26672 which the database identifies as "4M" for calls in the Skyline/Bailey's Crossroads area. But there was one dispatch for an event in the Skyline area where the response WAS identified as being on "4M" (TG26672). These "48 Alpha...48 Baker...etc." identifiers don't appear in the RR database.

On the police side, the backup dispatch talkgroups shown in the database have been used, but there are other talkgroups that don't appear in the database that have also been used, such as 24880 for Franconia (area 6) dispatch...24912 for West Springfield (area 7) dispatch...26032 for apparent school security...and several I haven't been able to identify: 25744...26096...26160...and 26192.

As I type this, fire has just dispatched for a house fire in the Woodlawn area off Route 1 with the response on "48 Delta". Responding units have come up on TG25328 which the database identifies as "Incident 8 Back-up".

Looks like a large-scale re-structuring -- or at least re-labeling -- of the backup talkgroups.

And with the main public safety system still working for at least a couple of talkgroups, still no idea why they're using the backup system. While all this has been happening on the Services system, earlier tonight there was also activity on the P25 system but haven't heard any activity on the P25 system in a couple of hours.

This is your reporter...reporting.

freqhopping

857.2625 is working just fine.

Someone has been messing with the DB unnecessarily. 857.2625 and 859.2625 are still part of the existing system.

Last edited:

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded the latest HP-1 database 12/18/11 and still nothing heard on 552B or 03C9 systems! I dont think the RR database is correct for either of these systems anymore.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
freqhopping said:
Someone has been messing with the DB unnecessarily. 857.2625 and 859.2625 are still part of the existing system.

This makes my Home Patrol a useless paperweight right now.

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
Funny about Fairfax. Lately I have been receiving most PD and Fire channels on the 996XT just using the old RS base antenna. Granted the signal has been weak but it has been coming in. I wonder if they have installed a new repeater somewhere or somehow just boosted the signal.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
I've added the missing control channels back to my 996's -- but still haven't figured out how to edit the system in the HP-1.

Dromanchyk

Havent received Fairfax county PD for 2 days

Did a library upgrade to my grecom 800 last weekend, and since then I cant receive fairfax county pd. I've reprogrammed it a couple of times, still no go. Loudoun county and the other scan lists I have work great. It looks like some other people are having the same problem. Anyone with a grecom 800 having the same problem ? Any ideas ?

JoeyC

Did a library upgrade to my grecom 800 last weekend, and since then I cant receive fairfax county pd. I've reprogrammed it a couple of times, still no go. Loudoun county and the other scan lists I have work great. It looks like some other people are having the same problem. Anyone with a grecom 800 having the same problem ? Any ideas ?

Its not an 800 problem. By reading the thread somebody has apparently tinkered with the database and it now has incorrect information in it. Add the channels that were listed in the thread (in the software) and the Fairfax system should come in again.

Don't you love that one person can disable so many scanners by making bad decisions in the database...

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Yes, freqhopping is right... someone removed the current control channel from the RRDB and therefore the HP and GRE databases are a week behind (and the RRDB still hasnt been corrected.)

If you dont know anything about manually programming your PSR-800 or an HP-1, you are out of luck for a while. This is a big problem with the database driven scanners!

I think with the PSR-800 you can manually edit the data that comes from the library and is stored in the radio, you cant do that with the HP-1 without making a completely new system in a favorites list.

I am guessing it will be at least a couple weeks before this gets fixed, since the GRE and HP databases are one or two weeks behind RRDB.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone contacted someone to correct it and provide them with the correct info?

I assumed that was done on 11/21 when the problem was discovered and the two missing frequencies were posted here. I will submit it again today.

Dromanchyk

Thanks for the info guys....it stopped me from pulling the rest of my hair out ! I'm not the best at manually programming trunked goups in the 800, so I guess I'll have to wait until the GRE data base gets properly updated and I can just download it to the radio. If anyone hears that has happened, I'm sure some of us would appreciate a posting here. Thanks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.