Fairfax heavily using backup "Services" TSYS for public safety tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
The RRDB has been fixed for the Fairfax 552B system; I would expect the HPDB and GRE library to be updated by next Monday 12/26/11.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Yes, freqhopping is right... someone removed the current control channel from the RRDB and therefore the HP and GRE databases are a week behind (and the RRDB still hasnt been corrected.)

If you dont know anything about manually programming your PSR-800 or an HP-1, you are out of luck for a while. This is a big problem with the database driven scanners!

I think with the PSR-800 you can manually edit the data that comes from the library and is stored in the radio, you cant do that with the HP-1 without making a completely new system in a favorites list.

I am guessing it will be at least a couple weeks before this gets fixed, since the GRE and HP databases are one or two weeks behind RRDB.

One of the reasons I still like doing as much as I can by hand instead of just doing huge data dumps. If it wasn't for that I'd love to have that 800 scanner to go with my others.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
The PSR-800 is great. I didn't think I would like it but I do. It's nice to not have to remember to plan a trip, create a plan of what's where and what quick key each is. You can do it on the fly (with a little time) or you can ahead of time. We picked up our daughter at college the other week; while the wife drove, I simply browsed the library and had everything programmed. You still have to know what counties you're going through but I just look that up on my phone.

Last edited:

Dromanchyk

Just updated the 800 library, and imported Fairfx county PD into my scan list. It works, so apparently the library was updated. !

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
The PSR-800 is great. I didn't think I would like it but I do. It's nice to not have to remember to plan a trip, create a plan of what's where and what quick key each is. You can do it on the fly (with a little time) or you can ahead of time. We picked up our daughter at college the other week; while the wife drove, I simply browsed the library and had everything programmed. You still have to know what counties you're going through but I just look that up on my phone.

LOL-Funny because I remember how we were both procrastinating whether or not to get one. I love mine too and missed it when I had to send it into the shop. Although it is possible I may have been somewhat responsible for breaking it (not admitting nothing here-LOL) but they asked no questions and even replaced the Face Plate. Anyhow yes, it is so easy to program on the fly but I have done it while at a stop light. I am not going to knock the HP 1 since I do not own one but got to say the 800 is a fantastic little radio. I have taken it to a couple of Radio Shacks and they have looked at the 800 with amazement. I suggested to one RS owner that he consider carrying it's PRO cousin but he told me he thought the PRO 18 would be too expensive for his customers. I think it is wroth every penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.