Fairfax Hospital XPT trunk system

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Did Inova change the control channel for this system? I believe that 464.825 is new control channel on this system per what I am listening to and per the license.

dtscho

Database Admin
XPT doesn't have a dedicated control channel. If you're hearing what sounds like a control on 464.8250, maybe the hospital moved to a new system. More likely, they simply added 464.8250 to the existing XPT system.

Keep in mind a hospital in DC also uses DMR on 464.8250 (Color Code 4). I don't know if you'd pick this up from where you are.

Dave

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Dave. I think 464.825 was added to the system based on the license. There is also another license for the Inova center for progressive health across the street that i want to try and figure out also. INOVA took over the old Mobil Oil property a few years back

dtscho

Database Admin
What color code are you getting on 464.8250? The other three frequencies on the XPT system are using color code 1, so if 464.8250 is using 1 as well, that's a good indication that it's part of the system. Also, are you hearing continuous data on the frequency, intermittent data, or voice traffic?

Dave

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
What color code are you getting on 464.8250? The other three frequencies on the XPT system are using color code 1, so if 464.8250 is using 1 as well, that's a good indication that it's part of the system. Also, are you hearing continuous data on the frequency, intermittent data, or voice traffic?

Dave
I will have to check on that. I will check tommorrow and report. I was using my yaesu vx6r to to verify data bursts. I think it intermittent.

Status
Not open for further replies.