Fairfield Electric frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCHarris

Have looked through RR and been unable to find, so may not be in database, but does anyone know the frequencies Fairfield Electric Co-op uses during power outages, i.e. base to trucks/repair crews? Would like to have to know where the power is out, when will be back on, etc. Thanks.

jamiewmorris

Fairfield Electric is probably on the South Carolina Public Service Authority trunked system, like most Touchstone Energy Co-ops in SC. Go to this page http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2535 and see if you can find a tower close to you and program it in a trunked scanner (most talkgroups are analog) and from there it is just listening to figure out who is who since no talkgroups are listed for Fairfield Electric.

If no towers are located close to you by the list on the PSA page, then do a search in the 930-940 range and see if you might find a tower that is not listed and then program and monitor from there.

If you have a bcd396t or Pro96 or similar scanner they will show the system ID of 5F16 and usually a tower number when monitoring a control channel during search.

They may have a VHF channel still tucked away, but not likely since most of these PSA companies have made the full switch over to the 900 mhz trunked system.

lugoffman

Have looked through RR and been unable to find, so may not be in database, but does anyone know the frequencies Fairfield Electric Co-op uses during power outages, i.e. base to trucks/repair crews? Would like to have to know where the power is out, when will be back on, etc. Thanks.

I just sumitted them yesterday to the data base here is a couple I got 926.17500 900.22500

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.