Fairfield PD, Fire Vacaville PD and Suisun PD what happened to their frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingray327

I no longer pick them up on my Home Patrol II and BCT 436 like I used to. Did they change freqs? Or did they go encryption?
Both of my scanners per database for Home Patrol II and BCT 436 indicate that each scanner is up to date.

consys

Premium Subscriber
The county shifted systems in January. The info in the database is good. I'm using an old BCD396T. With simucast, it is less than ideal with the duck antenna. I have a small outside yagi pointed at the Cement Hill site about 3 - 4 miles from my house, quite usable with that antenna but not portable. I send the audio to a bluetooth transmitter and use a BT speaker to roam around the house/garage.

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
As others have mentioned, there is a switch to the 700Mhz P25 system. Time to upgrade if those scanners don't handle P25 Phase 1... ;) For now, simulcast with the VHF analog channels will continue but is due to change by fall.

Regards,

-Frank C.

stingray327

The county shifted systems in January. The info in the database is good. I'm using an old BCD396T. With simucast, it is less than ideal with the duck antenna. I have a small outside yagi pointed at the Cement Hill site about 3 - 4 miles from my house, quite usable with that antenna but not portable. I send the audio to a bluetooth transmitter and use a BT speaker to roam around the house/garage.

Are you referring to the Sentinel database for the Home Patrol II and BCD 436?

consys

Premium Subscriber
Referring to the Radio Reference database. Under Solano County, look for the Solano County Regional Communications System for Fairfield, Suisun, Vacaville. Vallejo is on / moving to one of the Contra Costa systems, I don't know why not Solano County. I don't monitor them any more, so haven't paid much attention there.

Status
Not open for further replies.