Fairfield Police and/or Fire listeners

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1GTL

Database Admin
I'm hearing Fairfield Police, Fire or both on the state CLMRN system but I am also hearing some scratchy transmissions and MDC bursts. Since neither of these is really possible on P25, this would seem to indicate there is a cross patch active. I cannot hear Fairfield from here. Does anyone know if they are migrating onto the state system?

N1GTL

Database Admin
They are tagged as Interop on the DB and a lot of Fairfield County has UASI in the title. UASI is Urban Areas Security Initiative and is a grant program for high density urban areas and too many people (around here) think that means it is the same as Interop. I was hoping to clean up the DB so when an import is done, they are properly titled and tagged. I still do not know their plan. Are the cross-patching their existing analog frequency during a migration or is it permanent?

APX7500X2

The Fairfield UASI channel is patched on their console to their control station, so they are just patching the analog RX of the system to the CLMRN. Westport is doing the same and once and a while Weston is doing it. Its all for coverage testing to see where they need more sites.
They along with Bridgeport are moving to the CLMRN (maybe Norwalk also) in a slow way, Bridgeport is adding 2 CLMRN Troop G sites in town for portable coverage and I think Fairfield was adding 1. BUT its all scheduled to happen over the next 2 years so nothing fast, and we were told Fairfield was going first but things can change
In other news I have herd Easton FD using the UASI system to go mutual aid to towns around them, They were on it talking to Trumbull a few weeks ago and also when Weston Town hall/FD/PD was on fire they used it going there mutual aid..Wilton also used UASI during that fire

N1GTL

Database Admin
That's the information I was looking for. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.