Fairhaven Mass Police switch to P25 Digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1UAM

Fairhaven, Acushnet, and Mattapoisett Police have switched to P25 Digital. Same Frequency. 482.8125 NAC:997. This is confirmed.
818 is Fairhaven Dispatch
819 is Mattapoisett Dispatch
821 is Acushnet Dispatch.
I also noted Marion A1 testing in the afternoon with Mattapoisett Dispatch. Fairhaven dispatch console Audio appears to be a little low. I'm sure the digital sound will be getting some used to for these small towns. 400 units are Fairhaven Cruisers. 410 cruisers are Mattapoisett and 420 cruisers are Acushnet units.

N1EXA

FT8 Huntin Mudd Duck on the deep end of the pond !
Woke up this Morning to the Buzz
So Far on Uniden 396 and the 996T ive added +2 on the audio ( Free Scan ) to match it with The Dartmouth P25e System.
Ill hit the 996 and 996P2 Unit later - The 785 Seems to Decode with No issues and no Modification to the files.

Pete N1EXA

n1ti

Feed Provider
Fairhaven, Acushnet, and Mattapoisett Police have switched to P25 Digital. Same Frequency. 482.8125 NAC:997. This is confirmed.
818 is Fairhaven Dispatch
819 is Mattapoisett Dispatch
821 is Acushnet Dispatch.
I also noted Marion A1 testing in the afternoon with Mattapoisett Dispatch. Fairhaven dispatch console Audio appears to be a little low. I'm sure the digital sound will be getting some used to for these small towns. 400 units are Fairhaven Cruisers. 410 cruisers are Mattapoisett and 420 cruisers are Acushnet units.

Mattapoisett also uses 470-479 for unit numbers too. When I first started monitoring back in 1981 they only had 2 cruisers (410 & 411) and the ambulance (412). Today they have many more cruisers, motorcycles and a second ambulance (413). They just approved the purchase of another motorcycle the other night at town meeting.

n1ti

Feed Provider
Woke up this Morning to the Buzz
So Far on Uniden 396 and the 996T ive added +2 on the audio ( Free Scan ) to match it with The Dartmouth P25e System.
Ill hit the 996 and 996P2 Unit later - The 785 Seems to Decode with No issues and no Modification to the files.

Pete N1EXA
Hey Pete! Long time no see. Hope you are well.

N1EXA

Hey Pete! Long time no see. Hope you are well.
Hi Tim
Doing well - Still Over Here in The City up in Acushnet Heights. Plenty of Scanners CBs and 10 Meters but nothing below that on HF.
Its says Newbie on my Name Info but that because I reset the account with just the Ham Call Sign. Been at RR for years Though.

Pete N1EXA

N1EXA

From what I have read, Freetown PD will be going to P25 in the near future.
It will be interesting if they are going to Encrypt part time Like they use the voice inversion now on Analog when they play secret squirrel.

Dartmouth P25 was pretty Much encrypting every other message on demand but now they very only do it once in a while.

Pete N1EXA

ecps92

OT - Pete, reach out to the Admins to get your name change linked back to your original profile count. You rookie :)
Trust me they can, will do name changes, vs you creating a new user name/account
Hi Tim
Doing well - Still Over Here in The City up in Acushnet Heights. Plenty of Scanners CBs and 10 Meters but nothing below that on HF.
Its says Newbie on my Name Info but that because I reset the account with just the Ham Call Sign. Been at RR for years Though.

Pete N1EXA

n1ti

Feed Provider
Sounds great Pete. I still remember that Field Day we did back at Ned's Point (a long time ago) with Mike. Haven't seen or heard from him in years. We just downsized about a year and a half ago and bought my wife's aunt's house up on Jane Lane right between Turk's and the Quaker Church and still digging through boxes. I managed to get an end-fed half wave up for HF but use it mostly to listen to my SDR. Picked up an IC-7300 about 4-5 years ago but it's been in the box since moving. Put up a discone to support the Broadcastify feed for now but hope to rework the install and push it up another 10 feet and replace the feedline with LMR-400. The nice thing about the new QTH is we're on top of Hammond Hill which is nearly 100' above sea level. I have hear pretty much everything from Brockton, to Taunton, Providence, Cape and the Islands. Other than that been retired since 2017 and trying to stay out of trouble. Are your parents still here in town?

N1EXA

Sounds great Pete. I still remember that Field Day we did back at Ned's Point (a long time ago) with Mike. Haven't seen or heard from him in years. We just downsized about a year and a half ago and bought my wife's aunt's house up on Jane Lane right between Turk's and the Quaker Church and still digging through boxes. I managed to get an end-fed half wave up for HF but use it mostly to listen to my SDR. Picked up an IC-7300 about 4-5 years ago but it's been in the box since moving. Put up a discone to support the Broadcastify feed for now but hope to rework the install and push it up another 10 feet and replace the feedline with LMR-400. The nice thing about the new QTH is we're on top of Hammond Hill which is nearly 100' above sea level. I have hear pretty much everything from Brockton, to Taunton, Providence, Cape and the Islands. Other than that been retired since 2017 and trying to stay out of trouble. Are your parents still here in town?
Tim N1TI
That Night on field day It Rained hard - Mike ran over A tower section with his truck...Still was a great field day though ( 1988 era )
My Dad Died back in 2017 and My Mom still lives in town up on North Street. Think Mike lives in Acushnet but the same thing
I have not heard from him in years 25+ have to say I left EMA in New Bedford in 1995 so i'm basing it on that....
I'm about 150'+ over the Harbor and have a good Sweep of the Cape and South Shore but pretty much a dead duck out to Providence RI
for RF. Fall River UHF-T Band just breaks Squelch and No Riscon at all the DMR ICE system is fair on 930 Mhz though.

Pete N1EXA

N1EXA

Well to be on Topic again~
I set the the 996P2 to conventional and it decoded the P25 with the NAC Code with Low audio so I set it for +3 and a few days later it was
Blasting so I moved it to +2 on the Settings.

I Went to enter it in as a Single Frequency trunk on the 996P2 to see it the UID's Match the Police Cars and Base Stations
setting the talk Group as 1 on the list and for a few days it would work and the Unit Ids for the base stations and some cars Lined up.
then it stopped working so I removed it... I think they changed something. I Used the same type Single Frequency Trunk for the Vinyard
and it works but In New Bedford it does not unless you hold on the Channel.

Would love to use Single Frequency Trunk on the 996P2 Because you get the UID's but there is something I'm doing or they are doing to
fowl up this mode on the 996P2.

Pete N1EXA

Status
Not open for further replies.