Fairhope area "NEWBIE" scanner help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RILEYONTHEBAY

Premium Subscriber
Wanted to reach out to the forum as a "NEWBUE" to the scanner world. I am looking to invest in a quality scanner for my area to monitor; police, fire, EMS, etc.. I've been trying to research the best I can but am not sure what I need and don't want to spend a lot of money if unneeded. What I want is a handheld portable scanner with rechargeable batteries that I can plug into the wall and leave on at night in my bedroom. Thanks in advance for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

dmmbutts

I now have one of the new Uniden BCD536HP scanners, the HH version of which is the 436HP. This is pretty much it if you want to hear EMS here in Baldwin County, as they use P25 Phase II. The Fairhope PD can be heard on most any trunking scanner, and the Fairhope FD uses a conventional VHF frequency.

Now the bad news; some departments here cannot be heard due to use of encryption (BCSO, Spanish Fort, Gulf Shores) or an otherwise unmonitorable radio system (Foley, Robertsdale, soon to include Daphne). I sometimes monitor Mobile County from here in Fairhope; they are in the clear for now, while the City of Mobile cannot be heard.

RILEYONTHEBAY

Premium Subscriber
Question? Did the Fairhope police frequencies change? I have a Uniden Home Patrol II and I've lost picking up Fairhope police within the last month. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance for your help!

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Question? Did the Fairhope police frequencies change? I have a Uniden Home Patrol II and I've lost picking up Fairhope police within the last month. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance for your help!

Fairhope has moved over to the county 700 system. they are encrypted.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
I have the 436HP handheld scanner which works great on the Motorola systems around us. I'm pretty happy with it!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Duplicate threads merged. Please don't ask the same question in multiple threads. It makes it harder for people to respond.

Thanks.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Is everything on the Baldwin county 700 mhz now P25 Phase 2 ?? Anyone still using P25 phase one ?

Everything is Phase 2, with the exception of Orange Beach Police/Fire, and Gulf Shores PD, and a few non-PS agencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.