Fairlawn & Elmwood Pk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvdet

About 1:40 or so while stuck in traffic on RT 4 west Fairlawn, units went west lights and all, so I put them on the scanner, and heard a unit request a super visor that Elmwood Park was not taking 'the accident" when I got to 54th street by the tracks a car was on its roof east bound with Elmwood Park ambulance treating someone and another car had spun around with heavy damage west bound, Fairlawn said its in Elmwood Park and dont do anything until a captain gets there as they just got off the phone with EP and they refuse to handle, what happens when two Departments wont handle a accident?
flip a coin?
I think one side of the street is 54st EP the other side is 17th st FL
i could not stay it look serious with very heavy damage to both cars

xpawel15x

I don't see a problem. The agency of the jurisdiction takes the accident report whether it's EP or Fairlawn. If it's on a bordering street than whichever closest side the accident is on.

kvg911

Wow!

I'm suprised I didn't get banged out to that call, that's my District with my Engine company LOL.

I got a text message that broadway eastbound in Elmwood Park had a hit and run accident and something with a man with a gun at the same time, so im not too sure if its all related.

gcr33

word has it that they called the county police after a half hour of arguing over who to take it, they waqnted the county police supervisor to decide who jurisdiction it was - but no matter what his determination they wherent going to be happy - each police dept threaten the other and neither fairlawn or Elmwood Park would handle it ;
the stolen car driver walk away during the dispute, the county showed up told them go fight someplace else - it got so heated that no body looked for the driver oh a possible gun was found by the BCPD an hour later in the car - sveral hours later 2 in custody only in jersey will small minded towns fight over something so simple

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.