Fairview PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know where Fairview PD, Bergen County went? They used to be on 155.610, and it now seems
like they are on NJ Interop, but I am not hearing them. Encrypted?

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
If you look in the database, it states Fairview PD operates on NJICS and they are encrypted......

Are they still self-dispatched, or did they switch over to the County for PSAP and dispatching? Is fire still on 154.355? (I know Holy Name picked up the BLS contract after the Emergency Response Unit and EMS day workers were disbanded.)

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Are they still self-dispatched, or did they switch over to the County for PSAP and dispatching? Is fire still on 154.355? (I know Holy Name picked up the BLS contract after the Emergency Response Unit and EMS day workers were disbanded.)

Self-dispatched, I’m 99% sure the county answers their 9-1-1s. Fire is still on Line 3.

ADD: The rigs and medics call in on EBAA

Last edited:
Reactions: 902
Interesting to note that a former Fairview police chief, Frank DelVechhio, is the Director of Bergen County's Communications Center in Mahwah, yet Fairview chose to use the NJICS system instead of Bergen County's system. Hmm.

Interesting to note that a former Fairview police chief, Frank DelVechhio, is the Director of Bergen County's Communications Center in Mahwah, yet Fairview chose to use the NJICS system instead of Bergen County's system. Hmm.
I think I read that they were on the county system briefly. If I had to speculate, I think their decision to move might have something to do with coverage in Fairview (somewhat challenging because of "upper" and "lower" Fairview), and the Congressional T-Band "give-back." Their VHF coverage was always problematic because of interference from Port Washington on top of the hill and Belleville ("388") on the bottom. not to mention Cliffside using CTCSS 118.8 and Fairview on 192.8 (they normally couldn't hear each other unless they pushed the monitor button).

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
I think I read that they were on the county system briefly. If I had to speculate, I think their decision to move might have something to do with coverage in Fairview (somewhat challenging because of "upper" and "lower" Fairview), and the Congressional T-Band "give-back." Their VHF coverage was always problematic because of interference from Port Washington on top of the hill and Belleville ("388") on the bottom. not to mention Cliffside using CTCSS 118.8 and Fairview on 192.8 (they normally couldn't hear each other unless they pushed the monitor button).

Good stuff. I love hearing stories from East Bergen guys about how much their radio set-ups have changed in the last 20 years (low band years, PL changes, etc).

Reactions: 902

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
If anyone is nearby Fairview, can someone confirm if the VHF backup (153.965) is accurate by seeing if the signal is strong? I picked up P25 encrypted signal on this frequency but the talk group and radio ID is always 1. The NAC code I received is 117.

Status
Not open for further replies.