Fairview

Status
Not open for further replies.

ph03nix42

Ok - I know that I'm not crazy, but I cannot locate Fairview, TX on the Database...

The city is within Collin County, just north of DFW.

I can't locate an FCC data either.

Anyone else having this issue?

ph03nix42

yea... they have their own PD

I was out at the new Shops of Fairview off 75 & Stacey and saw a couple of units just on patrol

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
yea... they have their own PD

I was out at the new Shops of Fairview off 75 & Stacey and saw a couple of units just on patrol

Correct...they have their own PD, but they work off of the Collin County TRS dispatch. (ID 1072) Fairview PD uses the 8600 range of Unit IDs over the air.

DT

SCPD

QRT
Ok - I know that I'm not crazy, but I cannot locate Fairview, TX on the Database...

The city is within Collin County, just north of DFW.

I can't locate an FCC data either.

Anyone else having this issue?

You'll locate them when they pull you over in those NASTY Expeditions they have. They do work 75 a lot but more so will ROCK hwy-5 and the area's around their new Expo center. Fairview PD is a fulltime Department with in-car TCIC/NCIC, K-9 and a No Bull Attitude! You can also find Fairview PD on Allen PD and Plano/Allen System wide Tactical. While they Dispatch off CCSO, look for them on PD-2 and sometimes McKinney PATROL-2. Their radios support 6 512 TG Trunked systems. and they do bounce around!

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Fairview PD is a fulltime Department with.. a No Bull Attitude!
Must be the proximity to McKinney, luls.

Anywho, good information. I knew they operated on the McKinney system many years back but hadn't seen any updates since. I find myself up in that part of the world once or twice a year.

avflyguy

I need some help to on this whole Fairview / Collin CO thing.

When I am listening to Live Feed from RR I can hear everything that is going on - mostly sherrif unless a Fairview Fire is working, then hear them fine too. BUT, while using WIN97 to import ALL the stuff from the database and the link posted earlier

(Collin County Public Safety Trunking System, McKinney, Texas - Scanner Frequencies)

it looks like the second pic, but I hear ABSOLUTELY NOTHING off my Pro97 scanner.

Have I made an error somewhere? AND - does Fairview actually only use ONE channel for all the FIRE Communications? Lucas uses 2 channels and Parker has 2 channels that I can hear loud and clear all the time.

HELP?

Does anyone know what all the freq's are when listening to RR LIVE on the Collin CO Sheriff, Fire, and EMS?

Attachments

• livefeed.JPG
    livefeed.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 331
  • collin-co.jpg
    collin-co.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 321

SCPD

QRT
I need some help to on this whole Fairview / Collin CO thing.

When I am listening to Live Feed from RR I can hear everything that is going on - mostly sherrif unless a Fairview Fire is working, then hear them fine too. BUT, while using WIN97 to import ALL the stuff from the database and the link posted earlier

(Collin County Public Safety Trunking System, McKinney, Texas - Scanner Frequencies)

it looks like the second pic, but I hear ABSOLUTELY NOTHING off my Pro97 scanner.

Have I made an error somewhere? AND - does Fairview actually only use ONE channel for all the FIRE Communications? Lucas uses 2 channels and Parker has 2 channels that I can hear loud and clear all the time.

HELP?

Does anyone know what all the freq's are when listening to RR LIVE on the Collin CO Sheriff, Fire, and EMS?

You MIGHT try adding All the System Channels, 866.2250, 866.7250, 867.2250, 867.7250, 868.1250 all in MO (Motorola) and see if that fixes it. and then Listen to TGID 1072.

And then Listen to TGID 1072 and 1104 for any 8600 unit, you might find yourself amazed.

Last edited:

n0prob

You MIGHT try adding All the System Channels, 866.2250, 866.7250, 867.2250, 867.7250, 868.1250 all in MO (Motorola) and see if that fixes it. and then Listen to TGID 1072.

And then Listen to TGID 1072 and 1104 for any 8600 unit, you might find yourself amazed.

I'm trying to locate Fairview PD at the frequencies above with my new GRECOM PSR-800.. I'm monitoring TGID 1072 and 1104, but do not hear any 8600 units..

I'm new to scanning so I may be a bit confused.. Do I need to configure my scanner to listen for these unit numbers, or should I be hearing them? I hear Plano and Allen but not Fairview..

Any advice is sincerely appreciated!

Mike

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
For one thing, the site frequencies posted by MaxTracker are incorrect.. the Collin County system rebanded about a year ago. The current control channels are 853.125, 852.725, 852.225, and 851.725. Also, your Pro-97 doesn't support rebanding and can't track the system now. You need a scanner off this list: Category:Rebanding Supported Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

I'm not sure how you're hearing Plano and Allen since they're on a P25 system which your Pro-97 won't track either.

edit: Okay, missed the bit about having a PSR800 now. You're good for P25 and rebanding, but you still need to be listening to the new 851-854 channels.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Ummm, you might want to check the date on Max's post - 2010 - almost 3 years ago now. When posted those freqs were accurate.

Russell

n0prob

Yeah, I think I committed a party foul by digging up this old thread.. My apologies!

My PSR800 was already configured for the frequencies motorola_otaku mentioned, but I can't hear Fairview PD.. Are you guys are hearing them on 853.125, 852.725, 852.225, and 851.725? Maybe I'm doing something wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.