Fake BCD325P2

avaloncourt

Recently discovered Amazon warehouse deals. Returned items that might not be in their original packaging but are otherwise LNIB. So, I was excited to find the BCD325P2 for about $250. It delivered today and I got to work programming on proscan. But the software kept telling me the scanner does not match the proscan scanner. I uninstalled, reinstalled back and forth. Then after powering off and back on the scanner, I see it right there on the screen: BCD125AT. The radios are identical. Someone replaced the sticker on the front and even the sticker on the back beneath the belt clip. I requested my return through amazon and already dropped it off at UPS. It felt a little light, a little cheap relative to what I was expecting for the 325P2.

So, be on the lookout for scam models from amazon. My search continues.
I used to work at Amazon. I would NEVER **EVER** recommend going through Amazon warehouse deals. These are returned items and the occasional discovery of a packaging-damaged item in warehouse stock. Almost all of it is returns. First, NEVER accept the condition description to be anything remotely close to accurate. I once spoke to a manager about how much time they actually spend verifying the condition and that everything is included that is supposed to be there. Yeah, not so much. She said that the people who process the returned items for Warehouse consideration have such a volume of products to go through that they maybe get 20-30 seconds per item.

Most of the time, they have no clue what it is that they're looking at and if it what it's supposed to be, if they look at all. Often, they just look at the product package and if there's tears, scratches, etc. they note that. Back before I worked for Amazon I bought a couple Warehouse items and, in both cases, they were missing parts.

A friend of mine bought a gun scope and, when he looked in the package, there was a flashlight inside. That's a big scam for Warehouse. Customers return something that's not even the item, as you found out, and the Warehouse processing people never actually check the item to know it. The scammer makes out REAL well and the Warehouse buyer gets shafted and has to return the item. Stuff that doesn't go to Warehouse often gets palleted and those go off to pallet sales without ever being checked. Pallet buyers often get ripped off because of the percentage of this happening.

So, there you go... my word of caution about Amazon Warehouse.

avaloncourt

I’m in a mood so I messaged the seller requesting a screenshot of the display showing the model and firmware version. Nit expecting much, since the seller only has 2 feedback.
And that 2 feedback are both as a buyer not a seller.

Fixitt

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
My message to the seller :
New message to: raymondubb_0 (2)
Please provide a screenshot of the scanner screen showing the model and firmware version.

Thank you

The seller replied ‘ok’ and no new photos or information have been added.

Bob1955

Recently discovered Amazon warehouse deals. Returned items that might not be in their original packaging but are otherwise LNIB. So, I was excited to find the BCD325P2 for about $250. It delivered today and I got to work programming on proscan. But the software kept telling me the scanner does not match the proscan scanner. I uninstalled, reinstalled back and forth. Then after powering off and back on the scanner, I see it right there on the screen: BCD125AT. The radios are identical. Someone replaced the sticker on the front and even the sticker on the back beneath the belt clip. I requested my return through amazon and already dropped it off at UPS. It felt a little light, a little cheap relative to what I was expecting for the 325P2.

So, be on the lookout for scam models from amazon. My search continues.
lucille_bluth- I have "NEVER" heard of "FAKE" Uniden Bearcat scanners let it alone a 325P2 but there are "FAKE" Baofeng transceivers out there in plain brown boxes and in all reality, I do NOT care for Amazon.Com but my Capital One Rewards credit card applies automatically so I just got a Bearcat BC125AT which is like the BCD325P but analog for (READY) $105.52 less courtesy credit of $40, then also less $47.62 reward bonus points on my Capital One credit card so "NET" was $23.17 On my credit card. Now that it a GREAT buy.
Sounds to me like someone bought a Bearcat BCD325P2 and switched it with a Bearcat BC125AT and in all reality, the 2-look identical and the weight is the same. It is NOT heavier because it is digital.
Stay safe.

Bob-Eastchester, NY

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
I used to work at Amazon. I would NEVER **EVER** recommend going through Amazon warehouse deals. These are returned items and the occasional discovery of a packaging-damaged item in warehouse stock. Almost all of it is returns. First, NEVER accept the condition description to be anything remotely close to accurate. I once spoke to a manager about how much time they actually spend verifying the condition and that everything is included that is supposed to be there. Yeah, not so much. She said that the people who process the returned items for Warehouse consideration have such a volume of products to go through that they maybe get 20-30 seconds per item.

Most of the time, they have no clue what it is that they're looking at and if it what it's supposed to be, if they look at all. Often, they just look at the product package and if there's tears, scratches, etc. they note that. Back before I worked for Amazon I bought a couple Warehouse items and, in both cases, they were missing parts.

A friend of mine bought a gun scope and, when he looked in the package, there was a flashlight inside. That's a big scam for Warehouse. Customers return something that's not even the item, as you found out, and the Warehouse processing people never actually check the item to know it. The scammer makes out REAL well and the Warehouse buyer gets shafted and has to return the item. Stuff that doesn't go to Warehouse often gets palleted and those go off to pallet sales without ever being checked. Pallet buyers often get ripped off because of the percentage of this happening.

So, there you go... my word of caution about Amazon Warehouse.
Very enlightening-thank you

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
My message to the seller :
New message to: raymondubb_0 (2)
Please provide a screenshot of the scanner screen showing the model and firmware version.

Thank you

The seller replied ‘ok’ and no new photos or information have been added.
So you're dealing with a moron. Pass.

minasha

Now my age is going to become apparent, but when I worked at the Brooklyn NYC location of Lafayette Radio (mid to late 1960's), we had that scam pulled on us several times a month by folks who bought something and then attempted to return a cheaper item "disguised" as the original. Some were very obvious on quick inspection, but others were quite elaborate counterfeits and I was amazed at the amount of work that folks at that time put into their attempts at deception. Some of the counterfeits were very good.

At times when the store was especially busy, if someone returned an item in a box that "appeared" having never been opened, it was usually put back into stock with no inspection. Nevertheless, the poor unfortunates who subsequently ended up with the item usually came back to the store later that day to report they had only found some weighty but fake item in the sealed box. It happened so often that we even had a check-mark for returns called "brick-in-a-box". I believe that is still a standard industry term.

There were many of these stories that I should love to recount when time permits. My days at Lafayette Radio provided a treasure trove of these types of incidents.
I believe that Lafayette store was on Bedford ave near the Diplomat bowling lanes.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber

It sold for $139 LOL someone is going to be disappointed when they receive it. My 246T had some body damage when I bought it...for $25 😂