Fake Emergency calls on LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theyre going to get nailed...Keying up and goofing around is dangerous enough,but this type of thing gets public safety workers killed.

CT Troopers are a diligent bunch..They will find their target.

Side Note,,
Loving how the camera man focuses in on the light/siren controls and the radio,,thats Not switched on...

Last edited:

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
I originally thought LCD was low band but I thought they also had a few vhf freqs in there too. The goofing around part is bad enough but WTNH is reporting this guy cancelled the FD on the way to a fire. This is gonna get someone hurt or worse

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Lets start a pool on which Radioreference member gets caught doing it! :p

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I originally thought LCD was low band but I thought they also had a few vhf freqs in there too. The goofing around part is bad enough but WTNH is reporting this guy cancelled the FD on the way to a fire. This is gonna get someone hurt or worse

Originally they were on 33.700 for dispatch and a few other firegrounds in the same band (like 33.74 & 33.78 if I remember right). They switched to VHF high roughly 10+ years ago. During the switch, VHF-Hi Channel 1 was hooked up to 33.7000 for a broadcast / simulcast but they left it hooked in together after everyone converted to the new radio system.

What's nice about thier system is that they have Ch-1 as dispatch, Channel 2 & 3 is the command channel (one is a repeated channel and the other is simplex direct by-pass of the repeater) and they have 3 additional frequencies to cover 9 different "on scene" channels (each has their one PL / DPL). These scene channels numbers 4 to 12 are assigned for different areas of LCD's dispatch area.

Now correct me if I'm wrong please, I believe that LCD can listen into on the scene channels by they cannot transmit on them as long as the closest tower can pick them up. Is this correct?

But back on topic, I hope they get this guy that is messing around.

slapshot0017

What an idiot! I hope they throw him away for life and set a 10 million dollar bail on his head. These are the people that are going to ruin it for the rest of us and make every radio transmission go encrypted so that no one can get into it. I also feel for those first responders because its completely disrespectful to interfere with people who risk their lives to save others.

Those are just my two cents.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Hope he gets caught!

While I agree that what this guy is doing is down right idiotic, he has to have better than average knowledge of radios and input frquencies, as well as dispatch jargon, to be able to pull off what he did! Don't get me wrong, he's an idiot for doing what he did, but he definitely is no kid with a new toy just keying up. He did it on December 25th and again this past Monday. That shows some calculation on his part. If he keeps on doing this only periodicaly, it will make it that much harder to catch him. Hopefully he is stupid enough to be doing this from his home or a fixed location. If he's using a mobile or a portable, luck better be on the side of those searching for him. People like this guy will definitely give the "digital-encryption" preachers a boost for their cause! This stinks from all directions!

Manny

Last edited:

brndnstffrd

Litchfield County, CT - State Police investigating fake emergency transmissions

TORRINGTON, CT -- The dispatch fire and medical responses throughout northwest Connecticut, but now Litchfield County Dispatch is dealing with a dangerous and disturbing prankster. Someone is broadcasting made-up emergency calls, and Connecticut State Police want your help identifying the suspect.

State Police investigating fake emergency transmissions | WFSB

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
I not only put out the stories on my FB page, as a lot of others did to get the word out, but I also put it up on a couple of EMS pages I still belong to. I'm not going to get into specifics butI had someone tell me the guy has definitely done it more than twice. Also Manny had told me as to the guy calling in and sounding like one of us, which was prior to me being able to actually listen as I didn't have the software on my tablet to be able to. When I got home I actually listd to all of the stations stuff and when I listened to NBC 30's, I heard something that I didn't hear on the others. It sounded like Watertown actually thought LCD was calling them and signed on. We also had hought maybe it was 2 calls because the guy said he had a walk in medical and then when he came back on he said it was for reported smoke. What really pisses me off is that the guy is putting both the responders and the public at risk. As any of us who have responded know the public doesn't exactly heed the move to the right law and in responding to an emergency you can get hit from any direction if someone isn't paying attention. That coupled with the fact of him cancelling the FD while they were enroute to a legitimate fire call. What if there were people trapped in a burning building. I've read where people who have done this have been caught because they have jammed the PD freqs or taunted the pd to come fnd them. This guy isn't doing that which in a way sucks because as Manny said it's not really constant. What would be nice is the FCC coming to town with one of those trucks they had and pinning the location down or someone triangulating the guys location. I wish that regular radio was like cell towers in cases like this as you have more of an idea as to where they are. While I want this turd to get caught, I'm just hoping its before someone gets hurt or worse. And Izzy, I'm sure that you as well as a couple of others here know where I'm coming from on this.

szron

To whoever this guy is, since I bet he browses this site:

I hope you get caught and sentenced to maximum they can for being a little attention seeking whacker son of a b**** who is ruining the hobby for others.

TLF82

Premium Subscriber
I hope they find him quickly and throw the book at him and build a new jail on top of him!
It's *** hats like this that cause departments to go to encryption and ruin things for those of us who just like to listen.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
I cant believe this idiot has been doing this since 2012!!!!

How can this guy cancel calls????? DOESNT THE DISPATCHER HEAR HIM CANCELLING THE CALLS??

Last edited:

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
zz0468 said:
Lets start a pool on which Radioreference member gets caught doing it! :p
Hopefully no one from this site would do such childish things!!

SCPD

QRT
This leads to one thing to solve a problem like this and in all for it when this happens. I'm sure you know what I'm getting at.

W2IBC

I hope they find him quickly and throw the book at him and build a new jail on top of him!
It's *** hats like this that cause departments to go to encryption and ruin things for those of us who just like to listen.

I bet when they catch him, they find him with a baofeng

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Fake calls

The Chinese radios get blamed for a lot of out of band illegal use. Almost every amateur VHF or UHF radio I have owned had a simple mod to let it go out of band. I have a collection of about 50 hand-helds, and only the Radio Shack HTX series cannot be modified in a matter of minutes. Many of the radios from one established company can be modified by cutting a single wire and many commercial radios cover the ham bands out of the box.

APX7500X2

Its a shame this is happening and a shame 1 radio company jumps in to try and make a name for them selves to drum up business.

Their are a few other radio companies that have been working on this for 3 weeks now but you don't see them jumping up and getting on TV to promote themselves, Those are the true professional radio companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.