Fake nurse with his own amb, equipment and meds busted after operating 18 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuerror

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/justice/article1120320.ece

ODDBALL Ryan NURSE posed as a paramedic for 18 months – with his own ambulance, uniform and forged qualifications, a court heard.

Nurse, 22, lived out his teenage fantasy by attending carnivals and sporting events.

He even persuaded schools to book him to give first aid lessons to pupils.

Nurse – his real name – set up a company called Medina Emergency Medical Services as part of his scam.

In 2005 he was given an award by the duped St John Ambulance for 500 hours of voluntary medical work in a year.

He had worked as a carer at an old people’s home after lying that he was a trauma auxiliary nurse, Isle of Wight Crown Court heard.

Dress up ... Ryan Nurse as a child

Dress up ... Ryan
Nurse as a child

Nurse then bought a secondhand ambulance and some old equipment.

He even turned up to work as a paramedic at the international yachting regatta Cowes Week – although he had been hired only as a car park attendant.

Nurse was rumbled after applying to join a firm as a first aider.

The boss was suspicious and told police.

The next day he found Nurse on site, without permission, giving medical advice to a pregnant woman.

Cops raided his home in Cowes, Isle of Wight, where he lived with his mum.

They found medical gear and prescription-only medicines.

Nurse admitted deception and making false representations.

He was given a six-month jail sentence, suspended for two years.

hoser147

The fact that the whack job did this doesn't surprise me. What surprises me is the fact he did it for 18months. just not that long ago it was a major consern as to terrorists using an emergency vehicle to aid in their mission. You would have though he would have raised concerns to someone before now...............Hoser

D

DaveNF2G

I don't think Canada is quite as worried about "terrorists" as we are. :)

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Unless you work for the government please don't include me in your "we". The Ministry of Fear and Propaganda is the terrorist that is afraid us and not them.

Come on now admit it, whackers are the spice of life.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
kb2vxa said:
terrorist that is afraid .
Hey Idea - let's be like them - NEW GAME we'll call it "ragimortus" :D

Game Area will consist of a centered spindle within a limed circle.

Players for the sake of all the hypocrytes in America shall be convicted prisoners with no chance for parole. (no admitted politicians allowed to watch)

Object of the game will be to strap any anti American peckwood to the spindle , cram a grenade up the ole exit point - pull the pin - spin the spindle.
(No lube allowed) :twisted:

Of course there would be more than one event at once to determine the winner. :roll:

Winner decided by heaviest body part that survives and goes the greatest distance !!! :lol:

Last edited:

SLWilson

The Gov't.

hoser147 said:
The fact that the whack job did this doesn't surprise me. What surprises me is the fact he did it for 18months. just not that long ago it was a major consern as to terrorists using an emergency vehicle to aid in their mission. You would have though he would have raised concerns to someone before now...............Hoser
Hey Randy,

Gvernment is asleep at the wheel at ALL LEVELS in most countries (Except Isreal) !!!!! It is so very sad. They're all too complacent again...

Steve/KB8FAR :confused:

franka00213

Just waitin to see another case of a fake cop,and fireman then we will have a party!! Really how long do you think it would take police to find out that the officer in the patrol car driving by from the county next door is not really a cop from next door, i dont think cops would no unless the wacko started pulling people over or doing something dumb im sure. Sometimes thats the best place to be is right under there nose!
CrAzY...

newtoscanning

DaveNF2G said:
I don't think Canada is quite as worried about "terrorists" as we are. :)
WTF does Canada have to do with it? That dumb a** was from the UK (or atleast the article was!)

-A pissed Canadian

af5rn

newtoscanning said:
WTF does Canada have to do with it? That dumb a** was from the UK (or atleast the article was!)
I'm glad somebody else noticed that. I read and re-read the thread trying to figure out where it said anywhere that the guy was Canadian. I thought I was missing something. Not that there aren't a lot of whacked out Johnnies in Canadia too. In fact, probably a lot more than in the UK, but still... :lol:

D

DaveNF2G

I couldn't tell whether it was UK or not, but it obviously wasn't from the U.S.

It would be helpful if posters could remember that this is an international forum and include some location information with their postings.

hoser147

SLWilson said:
Hey Randy,

Gvernment is asleep at the wheel at ALL LEVELS in most countries (Except Isreal) !!!!! It is so very sad. They're all too complacent again...

Steve/KB8FAR :confused:
Very True Steve, You see it all the time. Really doesnt matter, which of the Free countries it happens in, it is the fact that this was just a nut job with no agenda and was around for 18 months. It would only take one or 2 trips somewhere with a real terrorist, behind the wheel with a plan in mind...............Randy

cpuerror

Posing as a private ambulance company and appearing legit nobody took notice. He probably would have been able to get away withit longer, had he not applied for a job as a first aider and then drive in with an ambulance.

fredg

Premium Subscriber
crashcrew said:
I guess the part where it said cops raided his home on the Isle of Wight didn't give it away..:p
Nope, not a clue to this USA boy! "Isle of Wight" dosen't ring any bells for me.. Had to google it:

"The Isle of Wight is an English island and county in the English Channel three miles from the south coast of Great Britain."

It's funny how we each take for granted things that we know and just figure everyone else knows it as well. Americans are notorious for this... (I say this as an American).

Status
Not open for further replies.