Fallen Firefighters Memorial Sept 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB9LMJ

I saw this in the other thread and decided to post the info I have on it.

The "Ride to Remember," a motorcycle ride and apparatus procession from the Colorado State Memorial to the IAFF Memorial in Colorado Springs, will form up at the State Memorial 433 S Allison Pkwy in Lakewood at 0700 on Sept. 16th. A brief ceremony will be held there and the procession and ride will begin at 0800. The route for the ride will be from 433 S Allison North to 6th Ave, 6th Ave East to I-25, I-25 South the Colorado Springs. Apparatus from various juristictions will not only participate in the procession, but will be staged on overpasses between the State Memorial and the IAFF Memorial in the Springs. The official start time for the IAFF Memorial is 1300 hrs at Memorial Park, 1605 E Pikes Peak Ave. The ceremony is open to the public. Please remember that family from all over the US and Canada are going to be there to remember their fallen members, so they will be given priority for seating. All are encouraged to attend and if you have a Class "A" uniform, you are encouraged to wear that also.

http://daily.iaff.org/ffm/thisyear/index.aspx

cstockmyer

MrSpeakEZJr said:
I saw this in the other thread and decided to post the info I have on it.

The "Ride to Remember," a motorcycle ride and apparatus procession from the Colorado State Memorial to the IAFF Memorial in Colorado Springs, will form up at the State Memorial 433 S Allison Pkwy in Lakewood at 0700 on Sept. 16th. A brief ceremony will be held there and the procession and ride will begin at 0800. The route for the ride will be from 433 S Allison North to 6th Ave, 6th Ave East to I-25, I-25 South the Colorado Springs. Apparatus from various juristictions will not only participate in the procession, but will be staged on overpasses between the State Memorial and the IAFF Memorial in the Springs. The official start time for the IAFF Memorial is 1300 hrs at Memorial Park, 1605 E Pikes Peak Ave. The ceremony is open to the public. Please remember that family from all over the US and Canada are going to be there to remember their fallen members, so they will be given priority for seating. All are encouraged to attend and if you have a Class "A" uniform, you are encouraged to wear that also.

http://daily.iaff.org/ffm/thisyear/index.aspx

Darn I can't make this...is anyone going?

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
I'll be there photographing it for my union local, which is sending an engine and an honor guard. I go every year (it helps that I live here).

KB9LMJ

firescannerbob said:
I'll be there photographing it for my union local, which is sending an engine and an honor guard. I go every year (it helps that I live here).

This, unfortunately, will be the first year in 6 that I am going to miss. =( I WILL be there next year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.