Falls Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber

ka4gfy

Falls Church is actually on Arlington County's system. The police department has their own talkgroups and the fire department is dispatched by Arlington County and has been for at 25 years. The fire department can be heard on the Arlington County fire talkgroups. They are station 106 in the Arlington County system. I think the police department abandoned the UHF frequencies when they joined Arlington County's system.

Rich, KA4GFY

Last edited:

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
Not to mention that the FC VFD is (I think) part of the Arlington Co FD and is staffed by Arlington Co career fire figthers. Station 106 is even right over the FC City line and is in Arlington Co. They run mutual aid to Farifax along with stations 428,418, and 410 all the time,

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I submitted info to the RRDB and they just added a note on the Falls Church page. Not sure if the GRE DB update caught the update on the site or not, but when I selected Falls Church, nothing was listed for the city using the Import feature. This would suck for someone that is not from the area, knew of this site or didn't look anything up before traveling to Falls Church.

Falls Church City, Virginia (VA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
Falls Church is actually on Arlington County's system. The police department has their own talkgroups and the fire department is dispatched by Arlington County and has been for at 25 years. The fire department can be heard on the Arlington County fire talkgroups. They are station 106 in the Arlington County system. I think the police department abandoned the UHF frequencies when they joined Arlington County's system.

Rich, KA4GFY

Yeah, that needed to be addressed. I guess they have thier own police dispatch although there is not much traffic. Not much goes on there but I think they do share a Fairfax and Arlington County PD channel since they borders on the FFPD Mason and Mclean districts and Arlington Police to the east . Fire dispatch is on the Arlington Co System. Funny but not thought of this until you bought it up but I do not monitor Arlington very much. Really not much goes on in Falls Chruch or Arlington.

Sweetbritches

PD Falls Church

They use to be on high band then went to UHF but Arlington would never free up 453.500 so although the repeaters are still located at 7 corns and the water tower they are not in use and communications are on the arlington system. However look for them to have some 800 equipment in the future Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.