Falls City (0178) back on the air

Status
Not open for further replies.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Howdy everyone!

As of late this afternoon, Falls City (0178) is back on the air.

When I get off the air tonight, I'll do some monitoring with Pro96Com to see if it's broadcasting any more information than before!

Is the Willow Creek site (173.8250) back on the air again? Any info from it?

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Hey, Rich!

Yep - Falls City's been on since my report, but isn't showing any neighbors or anything else new.

I'm thinking we're going to start hearing CC data here in the Cass and Douglas county areas pretty soon, if my information is correct!

Keeping my fingers crossed!
73s

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Howdy everyone!

As of late this afternoon, Falls City (0178) is back on the air.

When I get off the air tonight, I'll do some monitoring with Pro96Com to see if it's broadcasting any more information than before!

Is the Willow Creek site (173.8250) back on the air again? Any info from it?

Howdy, everyone!

More info - Falls City is now advertising a fourth channel, 171.7750, and is carrying some occasional PvtData, though I've yet to hear any voice on the site. I'm submitting the new channel as I write this...

In the Site Info in Pro96Com, Falls City is also advertising Beatrice as it's sole Neighbor!

Now that I have my base scanner antenna at a usable height, I'll be able to monitor Falls City more regularly!

More info to come....

Howdy, everyone!

More info - Falls City is now advertising a fourth channel, 171.7750, and is carrying some occasional PvtData, though I've yet to hear any voice on the site. I'm submitting the new channel as I write this...

In the Site Info in Pro96Com, Falls City is also advertising Beatrice as it's sole Neighbor!

Now that I have my base scanner antenna at a usable height, I'll be able to monitor Falls City more regularly!

More info to come....

Nicely done, George, good work! BTW, I finally got my hands on a Dell laptop today, loaded it with Pro96com, now all I need is a day off to drive out of town to get more info on my northern and western towers.

Still nothing coming out of Jones Creek, Elgin, Craig and Cedar Bluffs as I write this. :(

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Nicely done, George, good work! BTW, I finally got my hands on a Dell laptop today, loaded it with Pro96com, now all I need is a day off to drive out of town to get more info on my northern and western towers.

Still nothing coming out of Jones Creek, Elgin, Craig and Cedar Bluffs as I write this. :(

Thank ya', Rich!

Keep listening to those sites - as I wrote in an earlier post, I hear that Cass and Otoe counties are not far away from signing-on, so those combined with your trio of towers should make for some good data-gathering over the next month or so.

BTW - RID 34019 is the sole radio doing PvtData on Falls City right now... can't find my notes to see what range that RID would fall into, but I'd guess it's gotta' be NSP.

Very cool on the Dell laptop! You've seen me talk about my Dell Netbook before - nothing like having computing power with you, especially if you have mobile broadband Internet as well, which allows you to get RadioReference data and do GPS-related work to help you find the sites!

Just remember to enjoy the usefulness of your mobile computing power while safely stopped in a parking area. Looking at your laptop while driving down the road is not only unsafe but LE types take a _very_ dim view of such activities! :*)

Later and 73

Thank ya', Rich!

Keep listening to those sites - as I wrote in an earlier post, I hear that Cass and Otoe counties are not far away from signing-on, so those combined with your trio of towers should make for some good data-gathering over the next month or so.

BTW - RID 34019 is the sole radio doing PvtData on Falls City right now... can't find my notes to see what range that RID would fall into, but I'd guess it's gotta' be NSP.

Very cool on the Dell laptop! You've seen me talk about my Dell Netbook before - nothing like having computing power with you, especially if you have mobile broadband Internet as well, which allows you to get RadioReference data and do GPS-related work to help you find the sites!

Just remember to enjoy the usefulness of your mobile computing power while safely stopped in a parking area. Looking at your laptop while driving down the road is not only unsafe but LE types take a _very_ dim view of such activities! :*)

Later and 73

Of course, my wife wouldn't take a liking to me bringing home a traffic! Also, RID 34019, it seems to be some sort of "group system inquiry" type of RID, much like a "ping". I see 34007, 08, 14, 15 every few minutes on the Norfolk tower, 34012 on the Humphrey tower. These RID's show up even if there is nobody affiliated with the tower(s).

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Of course, my wife wouldn't take a liking to me bringing home a traffic! Also, RID 34019, it seems to be some sort of "group system inquiry" type of RID, much like a "ping". I see 34007, 08, 14, 15 every few minutes on the Norfolk tower, 34012 on the Humphrey tower. These RID's show up even if there is nobody affiliated with the tower(s).

Hey, Rich!

Good point as that's exactly what 019 has been doing on the Falls City tower, with no voice traffic present.

Maybe it's some sort of advertisement type of broadcast for the Mobile Data radios in the field - an "Hello, I'm tower xxxxxx and I can handle data". Of course, the CC should broadcast that type of information as well, so maybe my assertion isn't that close!

Interesting stuff - just think of all of we've (the collective "we") been able to learn about a communications system through all of this info-gathering and observation! It's not just about the TGID's and frequencies, but how it works as a whole that's interesting as well!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.