False Feed Down Notifications 2/3/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks,

Last night our database server experienced some problems which caused some false feed down notifications to go out last night. I know this is the third time this has happened in the past few weeks, so our apologies.

We're working to solidify the process so these notifications go out properly.

Warm regards,

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Lindsay,

Is there a way to stop the little pop-up bubbles (for lack of a better term) that appear from the minimized menu tool bar? It pops up these bubbles for the Feed Down Notifications and then another for the announcement that it has restored that connection. So 2 pop-up bubbles for each time the feed goes "down" and gets "restored." Whenever both my feeds go down and instantly get renewed I'll have 4 of these notifications (one for each saying the connection was lost, and one fore each saying the connection was restored) and it gets kind of annoying that right when I return to my computer I have 4 instant notifications pop-up from that menu bar saying "Feed Down"-"Feed Down"-"Feed Restored"-"Feed Restored."

Is there anyway to stop these? I enjoy the hovering option that is enabled, telling me my feeds are down or fine. Just a question.

I'm loving this ScannerCast program anyway though- it's a breeze compared to some of the others. No guesswork involved.

PeterGV

K1PGV
I'm not Linsday, but I can answer the question about ScannerCast :)

The pop-ups SHOULD go away by themselves in about 15 seconds or so. They can't presently be disabled. Hmmm, never thought of making them optional, but I supposed it COULD annoy some folks.

I'll take that as an excellent suggestion: It's now Ticket #25 on the ScannerCast To Do list.

Peter
K1PGV

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Peter,

Thanks. I guess the congratulations on a seamless program go to you as well. Thanks for listening to the suggestion. I wouldn't mind it if it was every once in awhile, or for one feed, but multiple feeds, multiple times gets frustrating (to me). Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.