False radio calls in Blair

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

Well Logan, the newspaper doesn't say what channel was trashed. If its their Dispatch, they use a NAC code, which would rule out Chinese Radios. This would mean a p25 radio, maybe they should look in areas that own p25 radios.

SCPD

QRT
Many argue but in fact 1 thing does solve this issue. It solved our problem since morons like this do it for reaction rather then jamming of a nut head thrill knowing being heard. It is obvious where they got the data needed unfortunately abusing several items. They will be caught. Give it time.

The picture is a stock photo since as you say if they are noted as p25 the photo shows a ht1250. Old peeve of mine showing a inaccurate photo but it gets the idea across to general public I guess.

teufler

I was just saying, the average "nut case" would not have access to a p25 radio, let alone to program one. Since the paper was saying dispatch, that lead me to believe it was the p25 channel, not the uhf with a sub tone. The paper might have error what channel did get interference. If normal, uhf got interference, then is very possible that a low cost radio was used to generate the traffic. If the p25 channel was disturbed, then they should count missing radios or a leak in the radio programming section. Someone has gone to alot of trouble and expense to have his kicks. I guess radios disappear from time to time. Officers leave them at a lunch counter, or lose then chasing a suspect. Regular communications channels, its bad but not near as bad as digital systems. Possibly better with digital, radios can be remotely shut off. Keep RR advised how this turns out.
"

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Problem is their p25 channels are conventional. Wouldn't be that hard to program.

ki1022

Premium Subscriber
"This thing went on from about 9:30 p.m. until about 4 a.m. on Sunday morning"

This guy was doing this for 6.5hrs??? Too bad no skilled hams were awake to triangulate this guy and violently drag him out of his mom's basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.