Family Guy Has "Jumped The Shark"

Status
Not open for further replies.

evelina

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I've been a big Family Guy Seasons 1-7 DVD Box Setfan ever since I first saw the show back in 1999 during the original run of the show & was still a fan through the syndication runs on TBS & Cartoon Network, Family Guy Seasons 1-7 DVD Box Set releases all the way to it's uncancellation on Fox (I didn't buy the CD's or books though...I don't have that much money to spend). However, this was the DVD volume (since it's not the whole season) where I felt the show honestly started taking a turn for the worst and "jumped the shark" as I bought Family Guy Seasons 1-7 DVD Box Setthe first day it came out & after watching it, had it sit around collecting dust for months as this volume just isn't as funny as the previous ones. Sure Family Guy Seasons 1-7 DVD Box Sethad some "hit & miss" episodes like any other TV show that's been on long term but this was just more misses than hits. Eventhough the key to Family Guy Seasons 1-7 DVD Box Set is it's shock value & cutaway jokes...in the previous seasons/volumes, they had a good storyline to go along with it but this time, they rely more on the shock value of being "uncensored" on 11 of the 13 episodes & cut away jokes than just having a good plot based episode which wears off after watching this 2-3 times at the most. They also tried doing things different that I honestly didn't think worked like the joke where they cutaway to the county music singer or during the "Road To Rupert" episode where they had Stewie replacing Jerry The Mouse dancing in a scene from an old movie...they just weren't funny & didn't do anything for me. And eventhough your paying for 3 disc, the first two are the 13 episodes while the third one is just the deleted scenes, a short segement about how to draw Peter, 3 animatic episodes (which don't interest me at all), and another feature of all the Family Guy Seasons 1-7 DVD Box Settoys (which didn't interest me either). So I would say this was the weakest volume released yet & it's not something I would recommend for those who aren't die hard fans of Family Guy Seasons 1-7 DVD Box Set.

Status
Not open for further replies.