Fast Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice there are no frequencies from those fast food restaurants lol, perhaps they should make an addition to the database.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Fast food restaurant frequencies are not allowed in the database.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
They are usually in the "Business" section of the "DB".

From the Database Administrator Handbook v1.5 revised September 10, 2011:

6.1.2. EXCLUDED DATA

The following data is specifically to be excluded from the RR database:
  • Fast food restaurants

If you see fast food restaurant frequencies anywhere in the database, business section or otherwise, they don't belong there. Create a submission to have them removed.

WAScanMan

Are they allowed in the Wiki then? Could you say.. Start a Taco Bell page and post freqs and locations? Or would this violate the ToS? I tried to search on my own but couldn't find an answer. Thank you and happy new year to all!

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I deleted my post shortly after posting realizing my error. I have some of these frequencies in my scanners thinking I downloaded them from the DB, but I must have entered them manually.

OCO

The "official" reason that they aren't in the database (from a post I can't find now, but read tonight) is that they were low power and could be duplicated in the same city by several different brands... I hope that cleaning these out of the database, where they don't seem to be doing much harm (although a lot may be no longer in use with the new spread spectrum headphones..) takes a lower priority than a lot of the other work that the DBA's have lined up....
BTW - that same exclusion is in version 1.0 of the DBA's manual, from 2009 and the policy was quoted as far back as 2006.. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.