Fastlane for iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

rspears1966

Premium Subscriber
I’ve worked out how to setup my radios on one pc, and use a second pc to run Fastlane. I can even RDP into that pc (even via my iPad) and get audio to work using the MS remote sound feature.

My question is, will there be a plan to port DSDPlus Fastlane to the IPad?

Bobby
AE4B

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Considering the hoops *anyone* has to go thru to get Apple to approve an app, I'd say the odds are basically zero. If anything Android would be more feasible but I really wouldn't expect that either.

air-scan

If you want mobility and run DSD+ Fastlane you'll need a Windows 10 tablet (at least mid-range). Forget IOS and Android. It can be done but I doubt the developers feel like it's enough of a demand. It would need to be single dongle trunking as to not over work the mobile devices.

EarHoles

Do we know what roughly the 'minimum reccomend specs' for a tablet or laptop would need to have to run R1 Dsdplus smoothly?

air-scan

Do we know what roughly the 'minimum reccomend specs' for a tablet or laptop would need to have to run R1 Dsdplus smoothly?
My 2006 single core 1.73 ghz intel cpu and 2gb ram running windows 7 laptop does a fine job. I am pretty sure a quad core tablet will do even better with 1.3ghz 2gb ram with at least a mid range gpu.

cg

Premium Subscriber
my laptop experience was that the Intel chip vs AMD was a huge difference (the AMD did such a poor job I got rid of the laptop). I suspect the same with the tablet.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.