Fatal Pursuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
CSP pursuit just ended in a crash and shooting Prospect and CR-5, requesting coroner sounding like suspect shot and killed himself after the pursuit.

DTRS
MAC-7

Jim<

M

mpg0515

jimmnn said:
CSP pursuit just ended in a crash and shooting Prospect and CR-5, requesting coroner sounding like suspect shot and killed himself after the pursuit.

DTRS
MAC-7

Jim<

What time was this? I must have just missed the action.... Also if MAC-7 was used, did they have it patched with LCSO? Or was that just so that FCPD and CSP could communicate..

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
mpg0515 said:
What time was this? I must have just missed the action.... Also if MAC-7 was used, did they have it patched with LCSO? Or was that just so that FCPD and CSP could communicate..

FCPD and CSP, LCSO did not get involved until the end.

We paged it about 1950 or so I believe.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
LARIMER COUNTY - A police pursuit, which began when a car refused to pull over for police, ended with a gunshot and a crash into a lake.

A Colorado State Patrol trooper tried to stop a blue Honda on I-25 at mile marker 264 around 7 p.m. Tuesday because the car had an obstructed plate. The driver tried to flee at speeds over 100 mph, according to CSP.

The Honda exited the interstate at Prospect Road and a short time later crashed into a lake east of Larimer County Road 5.

A nearby fisherman told CSP he saw the crash and heard what he thought was a gunshot.

Troopers arrived at the scene seconds after the crash and found the driver with a gunshot wound to the head, according to CSP. A sawed-off shotgun was found inside the car.

CSP says the car was not registered to the driver and has not been reported stolen. The name of the driver and official cause of death were not immediately released. An investigation by CSP and the Larimer County Coroner's Office is ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.