Fauquier/ Culpeper/ rappahannock

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsp5151

I was at the EOC a few nights ago and they had a stack of Harris radios there. Still going to use 800 MHz. Phase 2 is all they could tell me about the new system. I asked if they would still have analog FM users on the system and they didn't know.

dtscho

Database Admin
No, once they transition to a Project 25 system, they will not have analog users. Project 25 systems do not support analog talkgroups.

Dave

dtscho

Database Admin
I know Rappahannock is part of the current P16 system, and I assume will be part of the upcoming P25 system. I don't see any licenses for transmit locations in Rappahannock, however. How does that work? Do they get good enough coverage from the Fauquier and Culpeper towers?

Thanks,
Dave

covert53

Dude
Premium Subscriber
This is what you need to program into the system:

Lo Channel----Hi Channel---- Offset----Base Frequency----Step
440------------559------------440--------851.025------------25.0
0---------------719------------0----------851.025------------25.0
720------------759------------0----------848.000------------25.0
815------------931------------0----------846.625------------25.0
958------------958------------958-------868.975------------25.0
961------------1022----------0----------843.400-------------25.0
Im stuck (again). Im trying to program a BCD 436HP and the "Lo Channel" and "Hi Channel" is throwing me off. I see Band Plan1 through Band Plan 6 under "Custom". Is this where I enter these settings?

dtscho

Database Admin
Yes. Here's what I have in a working SDS100:

Band Plan 1
Base: 851.025 Lower, 854.000 Upper
Offset: 440, + Polarity
Spacing: 25.0 kHz

Band Plan 2
Base: 851.0125 Lower, 868.9875 Upper
Offset: 0, + Polarity

Dave

covert53

Dude
Premium Subscriber
Yes. Here's what I have in a working SDS100:

Band Plan 1
Base: 851.025 Lower, 854.000 Upper
Offset: 440, + Polarity

Band Plan 2
Base: 851.0125 Lower, 868.9875 Upper
Offset: 0, + Polarity

Dave
Thanks!

GmanX

Premium Subscriber
its p25 audio with a 3600 baud control channel. So its not true p25. See the earlier post. for Smartzone trunking.

kc4jgc

Im stuck (again). Im trying to program a BCD 436HP and the "Lo Channel" and "Hi Channel" is throwing me off. I see Band Plan1 through Band Plan 6 under "Custom". Is this where I enter these settings?
Be sure you have the system set as Motorola. Not P25.

ervfc288

Feed Provider
Hey Guys, I’ve had this system programmed I to my scanner for some time and recently I’m picking up school maintenance and sometimes bus traffic. No talk group is displayed on the scanner at the time. Anything easy I can check, my selected tall groups are all fire and police for Culpeper.

Thanks

fredva

Feed Provider
Hey Guys, I’ve had this system programmed I to my scanner for some time and recently I’m picking up school maintenance and sometimes bus traffic. No talk group is displayed on the scanner at the time. Anything easy I can check, my selected tall groups are all fire and police for Culpeper.

Thanks
It may depend on which scanner you are using. A lot of times, there isn't one specific answer that covers all brands and models. You might have your scanner on ID Search instead of ID Scan. Or if you are using a Whistler/GRE/Radio Shack, the equivalent issue is having a Wildcard programmed. That would explain why you are getting services you didn't expect, although it wouldn't explain why you are missing police and fire. Depending on model, you might not have the correct service types selected for monitoring. You may have accidently turned off Law Enforcement and Fire and had Public Utilities and Schools turned on.

I guess there is also a chance Police and Fire switched to the new system recently. Not sure that would be the case though.

vsp5151

le and fire are still using digital on the old system. School buses and school maintenance are using FM.

ervfc288

Feed Provider
Thanks for the quick replies. I explained my issue wrong, I'm still hearing Police and Fire, but will randomly hear what sounds like bus traffic and today, a lot of building maintenance type users. When I heard this random traffic there is just numbers displayed on the screen, not a talkgroup. I'll try to write it down the next time it happens. The scanner is a BCD996T on ID SEARCH.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I thought that the school systems had to hurry up and buy new digital radios because of the new system. I read that in the paper.

freqhopping

Thanks for the quick replies. I explained my issue wrong, I'm still hearing Police and Fire, but will randomly hear what sounds like bus traffic and today, a lot of building maintenance type users. When I heard this random traffic there is just numbers displayed on the screen, not a talkgroup. I'll try to write it down the next time it happens. The scanner is a BCD996T on ID SEARCH.

Sounds like icalls. Radio to radio.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
From what I read the Rappahannock county gets good enough coverage from Fauquier maybe in the linden area. The document states that their radios work of the fauqier controller. I just spoke to a dispatcher there. The Harris P25 system is having delays in getting off the ground.

dtscho

Database Admin
The P25 system is now in use. Several talkgroups already identified, and added to the system's page:

The system is using a combination of FDMA and TDMA talkgroups, so when submitting additional talkgroups, please specify what you're seeing.

The system is set up similarly (talkgroup numbering, etc.) to another Harris P25 system in Virginia, King and Queen / Essex / Richmond:

Dave

canopy

I update my Uniden BCD536HP with the Sentinel software on my laptop. Their DB is only updated through 6/28/20 so I'm not getting any of the P25 listings and I have no clue how to update my scanner manually. Anyone know how long it takes the Sentinel database to be updated? Sorry if I sound ignorant, because I am ;)
I got the scanner 5 1/2 years ago and haven't had to do a thing to it since then...we tried to manually enter the new frequencies listed in the link given but don't think that worked. I guess a Sunday afternoon isn't the best time to try to listen for traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.