Fauquier/ Culpeper/ rappahannock

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtscho

Database Admin
Several more talkgroups identified and added to the database. No sign of Rappahannock County on the P25 system - assuming they're still using the P16 system.

Dave

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Were the control channels active today? I rode through today and the Unication was not receiving the new system.

dtscho

Database Admin
As of this morning, 853.4500 and 853.9750 are part of the Fauquier site on the P25 system. These two frequencies have been deleted from the P16 system.

Dave

JSsignal16

Premium Subscriber
Were the control channels active today? I rode through today and the Unication was not receiving the new system.
I've listened to the Fauguier system every day for about a week on my G5. It comes in loud and clear. Check your programming. Harris systems can be tricky to program sometimes, especially with putting in sites.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Yeah must be the programming. I see that the confirmed frequencies might have changed or updated.

vsp5151

A Culpeper sheriff's vehicle passed me today and it did not have the typical low profile phantom antenna on it. It appeared to be an 800 Mhz gain antenna. Also last week I heard several Rappahannock County messages on the frequencies I have listed as Culpeper 800. I am assuming the antenna change is due to the new Harris radios but..... I am not using a trunking scanner. I have 3 Astro Spectras programmed to scan their frequencies in dual mode with a receive all NAC. It works well and was cheap.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
As of this morning, 853.4500 and 853.9750 are part of the Fauquier site on the P25 system. These two frequencies have been deleted from the P16 system.

Dave

I just reprogrammed the g4 pager and still not getting control channels. Will have to look at it a third time

JSsignal16

Premium Subscriber
Check your site numbers make sure that you have "A" for site the number and "A" for RFSS number both are 10 in hex. This is for the Fauquier site. This got me once before with another system.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Check your site numbers make sure that you have "A" for site the number and "A" for RFSS number both are 10 in hex. This is for the Fauquier site. This got me once before with another system.

Yep those are my settings. Did not pick up any control channel from Gainesville to Stafford County line Rt 29 sb to rt 17 sb.

JSsignal16

Premium Subscriber
Yep those are my settings. Did not pick up any control channel from Gainesville to Stafford County line Rt 29 sb to rt 17 sb.
Have you checked the WACN and Sys ID hex values? You should receive it if all is correct. Try not to mix up the hex value and the decimal value its easy to do when the hex value does not have any letters. Hopefully you can get it to work.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Have you checked the WACN and Sys ID hex values? You should receive it if all is correct. Try not to mix up the hex value and the decimal value its easy to do when the hex value does not have any letters. Hopefully you can get it to work.

Thanks for the help. Weird how the values needed to be switched. I am on the fringe of coverage and I think my G4 just recognized the fauquier system at home here in spotsylvania.

JSsignal16

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the help. Weird how the values needed to be switched. I am on the fringe of coverage and I think my G4 just recognized the fauquier system at home here in spotsylvania.
Thats good to hear. I'm glad you got it to work.

vsp5151

Today they were testing the emergency buttons on their portables. I heard dispatch call the unit but I never heard the reply from the unit. Not sure why that was unless a reply was not necessary. Last evening I heard something about a personal message and something about encryption. I have never heard anything about encryption until this message. I hear more portables with low audio than I heard before. Probably user issue but I am not sure.

dtscho

Database Admin
An EMS unit called Fauquier ER on talkgroup 1008, but we already have Fauquier Hospital as 1620. I'm going to leave the database as it is now, but just wanted to note this here.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.