FAV List QK Entry (SDS200) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

Easy one, but can't seem to figure out.
Lots of "contradictory" happenings when i try.

Have a bunch of FAV List QK's assigned and downloaded via Sentinel.

Other than going back to the menu in the unit for selecting, once I am actually
scanning, how can I select another FAV List (not by using the Func. scroll knob).

Can it be done by pressing a corresponding number button on the keypad ?
If I try pressing a keyboard number, "Direct Entry" comes up
I then press E
Then it asks about TGID ? (What is TGID ?)

How do I do this FAV QK switching via the keypad, please ?

Thanks,
B.

nacsr

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Easy one, but can't seem to figure out.
Lots of "contradictory" happenings when i try.

Have a bunch of FAV List QK's assigned and downloaded via Sentinel.

Other than going back to the menu in the unit for selecting, once I am actually
scanning, how can I select another FAV List (not by using the Func. scroll knob).

Can it be done by pressing a corresponding number button on the keypad ?
If I try pressing a keyboard number, "Direct Entry" comes up
I then press E
Then it asks about TGID ? (What is TGID ?)

How do I do this FAV QK switching via the keypad, please ?

Thanks,
B.
You hit the number of the fav list & enter/yes key to toggle on or off

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
TGID stands for Talk Group ID, a number that appears when it is used in a digital trunking system that is the identifier for each individual or agency/unit it is designated to. In the Radio Reference Database, go to the system you are monitoring and you will see all the info listed and categorized for your system including the TGID and what unit/agency it is assigned to.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
When you press the keypad number of the favorites list that you want and then press enter make sure you are on scan and not holding on an object. Also make sure your favorites list are actually numbered. :)

BOBRR

Hi,

Quick thanks.
Appreciate the help. Sure is a lot to know.

One more, please: Is turning the Func Knob the (only) way to resume scanning ?
Apparently there is no "Scan" knob.

What are the different ways of resuming actual scanning ? Are there several ?

Thanks again,
Bob

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Don't push the function knob turn it to the right and you will resume scanning.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Trentbob is exactly correct. That "Direct Entry" means your scanner is holding, such as holding on a channel. In that situation, it is expecting you will tell it to go directly to a specific channel.

dazza0768

If you set quick keys to your system you press number then enter while scanning.
If you have quick key set to your fav list AND your system and departments you can press the number for fav list, then put a dot then the system/site number then another dot then dept number which will turn that dept on and off.
Example:
fav list number 5
System/site nbr 2
Dept number 6

You'll put - 5.2.6 or to see more info while doing it press 05.02.06. Or you can turn system/sites on and off by pressing 5.2 or 05.02 only.

I hope you understand this. You'll pick it up eventually. It's a difficult radio but easy to learn.

In the menu you can also go to set scan selection, manage quick key status and use that.
It's a shame uniden didn't have an option in there for dept QKs also...its handy having fav and system but dept would've been handy too.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
[QUOTE="
It's a shame uniden didn't have an option in there for dept QKs also...its handy having fav and system but dept would've been handy too.
[/QUOTE]

Actually it does. Sites and departments are on the same qk level. So 05.02.06 in your example could either be a site or a department. I would have preferred if they put sites on the system level but my personal preference

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
[QUOTE="

Actually it does. Sites and departments are on the same qk level. So 05.02.06 in your example could either be a site or a department. I would have preferred if they put sites on the system level but my personal preference
[/QUOTE]

When I program a system, I add the site but don't give it a Quick Key. My systems are by county, and if you know that all traffic from a specific county is on a specific site(s), no need to assign a Quick Key. 1.1 turns on or off a county and site associated with it.

dazza0768

[QUOTE="

[/QUOTE]
Yes that's right per say but I'm meaning in the menu when you press menu, set scan selection then under the quick key menu it only has fav list and system.

Status
Not open for further replies.