Favorite 536 video !

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
acc

The 996xt had zero issues with this and the 996T ditto,uniden put an acc wire on the radio,red,orange and black .Red is constant 12 volts,black is negative and orange is key,it does have a DIN sleeveThe 536 should be perfected.heck my home patrol works on the lighter and key means nothing,it reloads and goes on its merry way.

SCPD

QRT
I believe this is a known issue and there is another thread on this. What's the solution? Kill your scanner when you start the car. Mine does not behave this way, but I am just using the cig plus cable.

Hopefully they will have a fix for this soon.

an39511

I would be interest to know if the same thing happens on a conventional channel such as NWS National weather service. I did some testing trying to duplicate your situation but was not able to cause the audio to fail. I am wondering if it only happens on trunked channels.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
As mentioned in the primary thread for this topic, we will address this with a firmware update.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
The 996xt had zero issues with this and the 996T ditto,uniden put an acc wire on the radio,red,orange and black .Red is constant 12 volts,black is negative and orange is key,it does have a DIN sleeveThe 536 should be perfected.heck my home patrol works on the lighter and key means nothing,it reloads and goes on its merry way.

Orange is a dimmer wire. That is all.

SCPD

QRT
orange

Yeah yer right I havent had mine in a car in awhile.My bad-
I did have mine on ACC red to the Key.(996XT)no issues.

Yeah the video has a scanner that dances! ;)

AuntEnvy

K2.. you say your HP is in the lighter plug and it will turn on and off with the ignition? So you don't have to push the button on/off every time and it causes no issues, correct?

This is one of my main concerns with a mobile install. I had my 396 hooked up to the lighter plug and it does not require you to power on/off. Not sure how/why it does it but I'm assuming there must be a minute power draw that retains through plug/car system...?

Anyway, I hope this gets resolved because I do want that 536 but I don't need it for a base unit.

SCPD

QRT
right

My cigarette lighter goes on and off with the car key.If yours doesnt you can always take the cigaette fuse out and take a wire and jump it to a fuse that does.

Status
Not open for further replies.