Favorite day/night to scan?

When in your favorite day or night to scan?

• Monday

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Sunday

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday night is the best scanner night for PD monitoring, my favorite thing. The most things are happening this night, probably because most yahoos got their check, got drunk (or doped up), and went about the business of causing mahem. Saturday night is a close second.

macdude22

Premium Subscriber
I really don't have a favorite night/day. It probably is on more Saturday/Sunday but mainly I have it on in the morning before work, and at night if I'm gaming or something I throw it on. If I'm in the car I'll bring it with me, but I'm mainly on bike. I usually make sure to have it on Saturday night, there's always the obligatory drunkard at Wal-mart call it seems on Saturday night.

n2mdk

The weekends Fri and Sat as stated by others they're the nights people go out, get stupid etc.

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
Friday night is the best scanner night for PD monitoring, my favorite thing. The most things are happening this night, probably because most yahoos got their check, got drunk (or doped up), and went about the business of causing mahem. Saturday night is a close second.

Ditto

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Depends... I can't say I could pick a day although on a normal week Fri/Sat night.. Holidays (esp. drinking holidays like 4th of July, New Years Eve & into early New Years Day).... Alcohol seems to get the best of people and it makes for some interesting calls

trunker0205

Ditto...what he said ^

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
I like listening to private aircraft, So Saturday and Sunday mornings in perfect weather. Also the Milair guards are busy at those times some weekends. Ham stuff after dinner in the evenings.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
EVERYDAY is different when scanning.
I would say that around mid day I pickup most traffic

I usually dont scan, I just have a bank of about 18 channels or EMS, County Sheriff, city PD, State police....and then some...

trace1

I scan each and every day at different times of the day depending upon my work schedule. But I must say that weekends, Holidays, or when special events are taking place is when things really seem to get more interesting...

By the way I'm not too far from the Talladega Superspeedway, so Race Weekends are by far the most exciting!!!

N8IAA

Weekends, especially near a new moon or full moon. Love listening to the DNR and Army Corps of Engineer Rangers at the local lake. Lots of campgrounds and parks for people to get in trouble. Always a few drunk boaters or campers:))

Larry

ScanManQSL

Premium Subscriber
QTH: Montgomery County, MD / Washington, DC
Listening to Fire Rescue/EMS on Friday and Saturday nights.... Why? #1. You always have the regular drunks getting out of control and getting into fights. #2. On Friday and Saturday nights, It seems like this is when people do really stupid and dangerous things.

D

DaveNF2G

The first and fifteenth of every month, regardless of the day of the week.

My favorite time to scan is probably the safest time for property owners within my scanning range. It seems that whenever I leave my scanner turned off, something burns down.

scannerpro

Everyday...The old 2006 runs 24/7.
My favorite day would be October 31st.

I know what you mean on 10-31, Over here in Rhode Island they have a thing for kids in certain towns and area that like to cause trouble on 10-31 and 10-30 as well. They go around trashing houses and things. So what I do for the whole state on that night is get the portable scanner on and just listen to whats going on and what not. Some of the kids get themselves caught easy.What they do is get shaving cream and just bomb the house and they are covered in it. So I agree with you on that one.

I don't have a fav. night to scan. Action is happing all the time! If I had to say the weekend. So I voted Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.