favorite horror films

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbharper

Premium Subscriber
mine has to be Don Coscarelli PHANTASM 1 2 3 4. The tall man is cool played by Angus Scrimm

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
Any of the classics like Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Creature from the Black Lagoon, etc. They may not have been the best in terms of special effects, but they are still better, to me anyway, than anything made in the last couple of decades.

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Tim-in-TX said:
Any of the classics like Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Creature from the Black Lagoon, etc. They may not have been the best in terms of special effects, but they are still better, to me anyway, than anything made in the last couple of decades.
Creature from the Black Lagoon, excellent! A couple years ago I actually went on a glass bottom boat where they filmed that.

Silver Springs
http://www.silversprings.com/

zz0468

QRT
Shortwavewave said:
The Haunting w/ Owen Wilson
No! The 1962 version with Julie Harris is the greatest horror movie ever made. I'll bet you didn't know it was a remake.

Airdorn

Premium Subscriber
Alien

The original 1979 one.. not that sequel from '86.

CLTX11

I went on a horror film kick. I watched/bought tons of them. Out of all of them I only kept the following:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre the original and the 2006 (i think) remake
1st Nightmare on Elm St....cant remember but the 2nd or 3rd is really good too...
The Ring, many folks do not like it but the sound effects is what makes this movie. Listen to it on a 800 Watt surround sound system.

I am an 80's child, I heard alot of stories about movies such as the original Exorcists etc...

I sold them because I simply did not find them interesting.

Along with the ones I sold including the Exorcist: The Shining, Hell Raiser, The Hills Have eyes and a few others.

I remember watching the Hills Have Eyes when I was about 13, I loved that movie. I watched it a few years ago along with the new one and was disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.