Favorite List for trip through MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
I'm putting together a favorite list for MA and I'm having a problem determining MSP troop coverage on RT-495.
I start in Trumbull,CT travel up Rt-84 in CT to Rt-90 (Troop"E") then I take RT-495 north to RT-95 to Houlton,ME.
From the map I'm thinking I'll be travelling through Troop C's area and then Troop A. Is that correct or am I actually in Troop H's territory ....
OR is there a dedicated troop for RT-495 like Troop E for the Mass Tpke.
I know I could use my GPS puck on my 536HP but I'm trying to really narrow it down.
Thanks for any help.

ecps92

Rte-84 -- Rte-90 - Rte-495 would be Zone 8 for best coverage
Rte-495 around Rte-3/Rte-93 move to Zone 5
Rte-495 around Haverhill into NH use Zone 20

You will be traveling thru A, C, E and H Troops
495 for your trip will be H and then A

The only dedicated Troops are
E - Mass Pike [Rte-90 and Boston Highway System] and F - Logan Airport

Becarefull with the GPS use, it might put you on a Zone that no-one is affiliated to [C Troop] at that time and you will hear nothing.
The Zones listed above at the Wide-Area Simulcast sites, vs the Intellirepeaters

I'm putting together a favorite list for MA and I'm having a problem determining MSP troop coverage on RT-495.
I start in Trumbull,CT travel up Rt-84 in CT to Rt-90 (Troop"E") then I take RT-495 north to RT-95 to Houlton,ME.
From the map I'm thinking I'll be travelling through Troop C's area and then Troop A. Is that correct or am I actually in Troop H's territory ....
I know I could use my GPS puck on my 536HP but I'm trying to really narrow it down.
Thanks for any help.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I have two FLs for MA that will give you a lot of agencies for both halves of the state. The eastern half is more detailed because that's where I am 90% of the time. If you want them, PM me with your email address.

I developed them using ARC536, but I think I can export them via Sentinel.

I also have a FL for ME, including the new, not quite yet in service MSCommnet statewide system.

mrsvensven

Thanks for any help.

C-PTL-3 for I-84, E-PTL-1 for the Pike, C-PTL-1 for I-495, A-PTL-1 once you cross Rt 2. You will not be in H-Troop.

Zone 8 should cover the state line until about Westford, then zone 5.

SM166

Please share with the rest of us

I have two FLs for MA that will give you a lot of agencies for both halves of the state. The eastern half is more detailed because that's where I am 90% of the time. If you want them, PM me with your email address.

I developed them using ARC536, but I think I can export them via Sentinel.

I also have a FL for ME, including the new, not quite yet in service MSCommnet statewide system.

You have put in alot of work into your FL's but for those of us who like me only travel thru twice a year would very much like someone like you to post it here for us tourists- please
thanks in advance

garys

Premium Subscriber
You have put in alot of work into your FL's but for those of us who like me only travel thru twice a year would very much like someone like you to post it here for us tourists- please
thanks in advance

If I did this right, there should be three files uploaded from Sentinel. If not, I have no idea what I uploaded. :lol:

Got it on the second try. Three files in one zip. Eastern MA, Western and Central MA, ME.

Attachments

• sentinel.zip
    22 KB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.