Favorite list -- Home Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

okbeachmouse

Hi- I am a new to scanning and just got a HP. I want to create a favorites list but when I tap on the channel I want to add and go to the sub-menu I am not seeing an option for "Fave". I see Avoid, Advanced, Info, Prev, Next.

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

k9rzz

Be sure you're touching the bottom channel bar. The top two won't show 'fave'.

(I just got my first HP last night, so I'm learning too!)

rwier

Hi- I am a new to scanning and just got a HP. I want to create a favorites list but when I tap on the channel I want to add and go to the sub-menu I am not seeing an option for "Fave". I see Avoid, Advanced, Info, Prev, Next.

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

Maybe not becoming familiar with the Forums' search functions?

From yesterday: http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/235417-home-patrol.html#post1718619
(No one has said it better!)

And you did not mention the Sentinel Software?
Also from yesterday: http://forums.radioreference.com/we...-uniden-homepatrol-1-scanner.html#post1719498

Personally, I believe anyone starting out trying to program FROM THE RADIO SCREEN deserves any punishment they receive. Others have the opposite opinion. I believe all would agree that not using the Search/Archive features of RR is unforgivable.

Use Sentinel, you will love it!

Rob

k9rzz

Ouch.

Sure is brutal in here.

A true test of any piece of general public consumer equipment is the ability to run it without reading a manual or loading up the computer.

This task *only* takes 22 steps!

Nuff said.

rwier

Ouch.

Sure is brutal in here.

A true test of any piece of general public consumer equipment is the ability to run it without reading a manual or loading up the computer.

Nuff said.

No manual? No computer? What item in the world could be made wallet size, cost $500 dollars, sell like hotcakes, and not require a manual and/or a computer? Jewelry, works of art, a solid gold bar? My imagination is limited, how about something relative? Help me out, lol.

As to the 22 steps, that's why I said : "Anyone who tries to program this radio from the radio's screen, deserves any punishment they might receive."

My HP-1 (E) is so much more than a "scanner". I would expect that if a proper printed manual (HP-1-E) was available, that I would not be able to lift it!

Rob

bfpdb

A Printed Manual would be Nice, I only program Fav's from the HP screen, It is much more easy than using Sentinal. Did I say a Printed Manual would really be Nice. And an Extreme Manual also. I know i can print them but one of them is 80 pages.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber

Don't give Uniden to much credit, it's more like 50.... I just made 16 "Repeat as needed" LOL :D

I was tempted to add "23) Shoot yourself if you missed a step" :lol:

Finto

Maybe not becoming familiar with the Forums' search functions?

From yesterday: http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/235417-home-patrol.html#post1718619
(No one has said it better!)

And you did not mention the Sentinel Software?
Also from yesterday: http://forums.radioreference.com/we...-uniden-homepatrol-1-scanner.html#post1719498

Personally, I believe anyone starting out trying to program FROM THE RADIO SCREEN deserves any punishment they receive. Others have the opposite opinion. I believe all would agree that not using the Search/Archive features of RR is unforgivable.

Use Sentinel, you will love it!

Rob
Rob, breathe buddy. Have a drink or a Xanax if you need to.

jscurtis

Premium Subscriber
I'm still waiting for FreeScan to cover the HP1 I like the interface better.

t_shuffle

Ouch.

Sure is brutal in here.

On any forum, you're always going to find people whose main goal is to make themselves feel superior by being condescending to others. Luckily, they are usually the minority, and are outnumbered by folks who genuinely enjoy sharing their knowledge and helping their fellow hobbyists.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
On any forum, you're always going to find people whose main goal is to make themselves feel superior by being condescending to others. Luckily, they are usually the minority, and are outnumbered by folks who genuinely enjoy sharing their knowledge and helping their fellow hobbyists.

Agree with you 100%. Fortunately, as you say, they are in the minority. Plus the fact that when first time posters or others are confronted with that attitude of superiority, most will recognize the condescending attitude pretty quickly - and give it a wide berth.

Finto

This is true. Internet anonymity gives a few people brass balls they don't normally possess in real life

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Cut Rob some slack guys. He's on of the few people I've watched spend hours assisting people when no one else would, or could. Did he come off a little testy? Ya. But if you looked at the Uniden Forum's first page when this question was posed, 6 threads would have most likely helped him.

Heck, I've seen site "staff" (DB Admin) come off way worse, and far more condescending, then Rob did in this case.

I think all of us have come off poorly one time or another in these forums, whether we misunderstood something, were misunderstood, or were just having a bad day.

Wardster

I have a HomePatrol on its way into my paws; I live in fear of wanting to ask something after hours of searching for an answer, that an answer is there somewhere and I get berated for it as was just done here.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a HomePatrol on its way into my paws; I live in fear of wanting to ask something after hours of searching for an answer, that an answer is there somewhere and I get berated for it as was just done here.
Welcome to Radio Reference, Wardster.

I understand your concern about asking questions. However, the New User forum is tailor made for those new to the hobby. Members are expected to be patient, as well as courteous, when responding to relatively new members in that forum. While many of your questions might be answered, somewhere, in the forums, if you knew where to search, or what search terms to use, that's not always as obvious as it might seem.

So, if you have a question, ask away. The New User forum is where you can begin to get your feet wet, without them getting burned. For area specific questions, be sure to check out the regional forum for your area. I'd also encourage you to add your location to your profile. City (or County) and State will help whoever is trying to answer a question for you. You can do that via the User CP link at the upper left corner of the Forum's page.

Status
Not open for further replies.