Favorite List problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I'm sure this has been covered, but I'll be darned if I can find it with a search.

Not exactly sure what happened, but here's what's going on.....

All of my favorite lists are assigned a quick key. Up until yesterday evening, I've had no problems. Everything is still good, except for one list. Even when I turn it off via the keypad, it's still scans (hope that makes sense). Kind of defeats the whole being able to turn lists on and off thing.

Anyway, not sure what I did to get it in that state of operation, and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. I sure would appreciate any help / tips / comments / suggestions y'all may have. Many thanks in advance.

:)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
My guess would be that the system is in the scanner two times...once with a QK and again without (or with a different QK).

troymail

Silent Key
I've seen some odd behavior with QKs (maybe not the same that you're seeing) with various firmware versions and other situations (reported in bugs). The primary thing is when I manually add something to my programming via the keypad, the QKs become non-functional (they won't toggle - always report on).

JoeyC

Yep, its in there twice. You probably renamed a list with a different name than the original and didn't check "Erase Favorites List on Scanner" when writing.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Well, after screwing around with the settings some more, and not having any luck, I decided to just copy the SD card contents from the 536 in my car to the SD card in the 536 in my house (the one I'm having trouble with). So far, so good.

Hopefully whatever caused that one favorite list to all of a sudden want to scan even after the QK was turned off doesn't happen again. I love my 536 (both of them) and I love technology, but sometimes technology makes you want to bang your head against the wall (or in troy's case, the desktop LOL)

Thanks to UPMan and troy for the assist. Even though we weren't able to come up with a solution, I do appreciate your input.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Yep, its in there twice. You probably renamed a list with a different name than the original and didn't check "Erase Favorites List on Scanner" when writing.

Sorry but no, it was not in there twice. Besides, how could the scanner have magically added it in a second time? I hadn't had that scanner hooked up to Sentinel for at least a week and the problem just started yesterday?

In any event, the problem is solved and like I mentioned above, I hope it doesn't happen again. However, if it does, I'll know the simple solution for the problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.