Favorite Lists Auto Updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfd119

So I have copied the WISCOM (Wisconsin Statewide Trunking) system over to my Favorites to better utilize the scan by location feature.

My question is this:

If the WISCOM system gets updated in the master Database (say a new TG or Tower is added), will that auto update my favorites list as well?

Thanks.

scanchs

Favorite lists have been intentionally designed to be manually updated. This is because some users prefer to customize their favorite lists, and those changes would be overwritten by an auto update. :)

ScanCHS

sfd119

I just hate having the Full Database on and with the constant WISCOM changes, It would have been nice to link the two together.

But I'll manage. Thanks.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I just hate having the Full Database on and with the constant WISCOM changes, It would have been nice to link the two together.

But I'll manage. Thanks.

I get what you are saying - but looking at the DB there is not that many changes.

http://www.radiorefereid=6364&tab=reports

I see that many in a week in Ohio.

You need to simplify the way you do your FL.

If you have a bunch of changes the entire DB on does not help as it's only updated once a week.

sfd119

I get what you are saying - but looking at the DB there is not that many changes.

http://www.radiorefereid=6364&tab=reports

I see that many in a week in Ohio.

You need to simplify the way you do your FL.

If you have a bunch of changes the entire DB on does not help as it's only updated once a week.

The system is still not fully completed. New towers are still being constructed and new TGs are still being added. I'm not concerned about the new TGs as I can add them in, but the new towers/CCs are what I worry about.

phask

Premium Subscriber
The system is still not fully completed. New towers are still being constructed and new TGs are still being added. I'm not concerned about the new TGs as I can add them in, but the new towers/CCs are what I worry about.

Went thru this in Ohio with re-banding. And now they are re-building the entire system. Currently there are 2 systems with LOTS of new TG and sites.

What I do is monitor the chat in the state forum. We have a couple that seem to keep as current as anything. Most of the towers are known, though not online. Some, including myself use Unitrunker to find the new sites. I keep my favorites updated manually - but once a week I re-build them if needed.

Sentinel will always be behind the RR Db somewhat. What I will do as it gets even more crazy is have a FL for just the new system - I currently have stuff by region or county.

Status
Not open for further replies.