"Favorite Lists" Chart Question (in Sentinel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

In Sentinel. Have a 436:

a. Have created several FAV lists, and have assigned QK numbers
to the individual ones.

They QK numbers seem to show in Sentinel fine for the individual FAV lists (but have not downloaded to scanner yet)

But, if I click on “Favorites Lists” in Sentinel, The Quick Key column shows “None” for each of them in the chart that appears.

Shouldn’t this overall chart reflect the individual QK numbers that I have just assigned to each of the individual FAV lists ?

b. And, am I correct that if I assign a QK to a System, that QK will read all the Departments under it,
and no need to assign QK's to Departments then ?

Thanks again for all the help,
Bob

budevans

In Sentinel, go to Profile and make sure Monitor and Download are set to On for each Favorites List. The Edit Profile icon is the 4th icon, it looks like a sheet of paper with a tiny pencil. Next to the Edit Profile icon is the Edit Favorites List icon, a yellow star with a pencil.

Here are the steps: Click on Profile - Scan Selection tab... Monitor and Download should be set to On. Click on a Favorites List, now look at the top of the column. You should see Monitor On Off and Download On Off. Monitor and Download should both be On. If they are Off, just click the On.

One other note, to turn Quick Keys on or off from the scanner. They are always 2 digits (see page 53 in the users manual). So Favorites List 0 (zero) is 00, Favorites List 1 is 01 and so on.

rwier

Hello,

In Sentinel. Have a 436:

a. Have created several FAV lists, and have assigned QK numbers
to the individual ones.

They QK numbers seem to show in Sentinel fine for the individual FAV lists (but have not downloaded to scanner yet)

But, if I click on “Favorites Lists” in Sentinel, The Quick Key column shows “None” for each of them in the chart that appears.

Shouldn’t this overall chart reflect the individual QK numbers that I have just assigned to each of the individual FAV lists ?

b. And, am I correct that if I assign a QK to a System, that QK will read all the Departments under it,
and no need to assign QK's to Departments then ?

Thanks again for all the help,
Bob

Hi Bob,

Questions of this complex nature are difficult for me to understand. However, I do have both the scanner, and software in question, active near my computer station. I opened up Sentinel and clicked on "Favorite Lists". I see the "chart" (?) as shown in the attached screen grab. Is this different then in your Sentinel? If the same, instruct me in my next "Click On", and I will report/attach my results.

I only attach the QK to the Favorite List itself, and YES those QKs open/close any included TRSs, Agencies, Departments, frequencies, TGs, Sites etc., that are NOT AVOIDED or otherwise disabled.

Attachments

• Sentinel Peek.jpg
    Sentinel Peek.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,196
Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It's a challenge to fully wrap your arms around Quick Keys in the beginning. That's because while doing a simular function (toggling things On/Off) Favorites List Quick Keys are different/separate from System Quick Keys as are Department Quick Keys.

If you have assigned a Quick Key to a Favorites List, that should show up in the "Quick Key" column when you highlight "Favorites Lists" in Sentinel as shown in the post above. If you inadertently assigned the Quick Key as a System Quick Key, you'll see "None".

Another user suggested something a while back, which I really like and have implemented. That is to incorporate the Quick Key in Favorites List/System/Department Names. Helps to remember what they are.

For example I have Favorites List "Jefferson County" with a FLQK of 0. So the name becomes "F00 Jefferson County". In that FL there is a System called "Louisville" with a SQK of 1. That is named "S01 Louisville". Withing that System is a Department called "Fire" with a DQK of 2. Its name is "D02 Fire".

marksmith

If they don't show up in the list page shown above, you have assigned system quick keys, not favorites list quick keys.

To do favorites list QK, open the favorites list, then click the options tab. You will see a drop down for "FL Quick Key"

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

Status
Not open for further replies.