favorite ny channel to listen to

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCRADIO

whats up everyone it's a slow day at work lol so what's you're favorite channel to listen to?

mine definitely going to be 73-75pct and special operations division

emscapt9816

Retired, but somehow working harder now...
Premium Subscriber
While at work I listen to all FDNY fire frequencies, EMS CityWide, NYPD SOD, and any frequency my dispatchers call me to monitor, as well as QA monitoring. Oh, and the LGA/JFK crash boxes. Obviously, my favorite is CityWide, especially when I'm at the console...

Last edited:

Scanner-geek

What is a JFK/LGA crash box? Are you referring to a FDNY box assignment for an alert at the airport? Or is this a specific frequency/talkgroup?

Also what is QA monitoring? Not familiar with this term.

Thanks
Scannergeek

auxscan

I have them set up in one bank.

SOD
108-114
105-113
103-107
73-75
62-68
46-48
25-28-32 (a favorite! harlem)
77-79
67-71
highway
90-94
pbb
tac-g
ems bkn
ems bkc
ems bks
fdny bklyn

these all make a good scanning during fri/sat night.

but I gotta say 73-75 & 25-28-32 are my favorite channels.

maalox

I have them set up in one bank.

SOD
108-114
105-113
103-107
73-75
62-68
46-48
25-28-32 (a favorite! harlem)
77-79
67-71
highway
90-94
pbb
tac-g
ems bkn
ems bkc
ems bks
fdny bklyn

these all make a good scanning during fri/sat night.

but I gotta say 73-75 & 25-28-32 are my favorite channels.
aux anything happens in those preceints it will come over on sod so theres 3 sods si repeater 482.4875 and manh 470.8375 cw ops is on sod to 482. 6875
u dont listen to the cw schools pd 471.4125..happy scanning .i have a sytem with all brooklyn pd ems etc same with manhattan pd.

Last edited:

Warthog1

Silent Key
364.2 NORAD AICC not too busy, but when it is...it's quite good
276.5 Air Refueling track AR-609

Just wish I could hear the NYC stuff

Last edited:

Michael-SATX

This Thread got me thinking of what the "ELT" ( Emergency Locator Transponder ) frequencies are ?
Also, if they would be possibly good to put in a scanlist along with the likes of these frequencies:
123.1 Air Search & Rescue, 121.5 Air Emergency VHF, 243.0 Air Emergency UHF, 148.15 CAP.

Anybody know of some other frequencies I should include in this list/bank let please let me know :)

SCANdal

Silent Key
What is a JFK/LGA crash box?
s-geek,

The crash boxes are speakers tied into a closed circuit telephone system (sort of like the red phone on the president's desk during the Cold War - no keypad or dial - just pick it up and it rings to the guy who's supposed to be on the other end) that links the respective airport's control tower to their respective airport's emergency garages. Because it's a closed circuit tie-line, scannists are unable to monitor "transmissions" made over them.

Also what is QA monitoring? Not familiar with this term.
Quality Assurance monitoring is when a supervisor selects either a job from the 9-1-1 system and tracks it's activity through to it's completion or when a supervisor selects a unit and monitors it's activity for a period, ranging anywhere from through an entire tour to just one job. Is the dispatcher promptly assigning a unit to a job or it is sitting in a pending assignment que for minutes on end? Is the field unit promptly acknowledging receipt of the job? Does the field unit arrive at the scene in a reasonable amount of time? Does the field unit call out at the scene? Does the field unit transport to an appropriate hospital ED based on the nature of the call? If not, why not (i.e. Do we know that the "car v. bicyclist" job that might warrant removal to a trauma center turn out to be just a drunk that fell off his stopped bicycle near a corner that just needs detox at a community hospital ED). Does the unit expeditiously remove the patient to an ED, or do they dilly-dally at the scene. Do they call for any additional resources promptly and correctly? The other element is whether the dispatchers and the field units use their radios correctly. Are transmissions acknowledged promptly and per protocol (i.e. with a time stamp by a dispatcher? With plain English v. a 10-code - depending on what your agency allows or disallows, etc.). You get the picture.

When one is 'QA monitoring', you don't just have the radio on in the background while you're doing something else. You're someone listening a little more intently to make sure that everybody is doing what they're supposed to be doing. Try it one day. Pick a random unit out from a channel you regularly monitor and, with a piece of paper and a pen, track what that guy is up to. You'll see that it can get fatiguing.

SCANdal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.