Favorites based on trunked systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApexMark

Dumb beginner question. In an area where I'm scanning mostly just two large trunked systems, does it make sense to create a Favorite (Location Control=on) based on the trunked system? This would mean all the sites' frequencies would be scanned just once, looking for all the TGIDs in the Departments I've chosen (and I don't know how it works, but simplistically, would it iterate all the TGID's it's looking for as it scans each frequency?)

I had set up, e.g. a "Hospitals" Favorite and a "Troopers" Favorite, but noticed it was going through all the sites twice, once for each Favorite. Now I'm looking to create just one Favorite, and use Quick Keys to disable either Hospitals or Troopers (as Departments) within it if I choose. This might be a dumb question, but the youtube videos I've seen of Sentinel don't seem to pay any attention to this, they just "append" away without apparent concern as to sites duplicated across Favorites.

So this:

VIPER (Favorite - Location control on)
-Troopers (Dept. "Law Dispatch/Tac/Talk" -> 11 TGID's)
-Medical Network (Dept. "Hospitals" -> about 22 TGID's ever hit. 180 TGID's total: are they location eliminated?)
-Other Stuff (Department)
[5 sites, call them "Group A", total of 45 frequencies]

vs. what I had been doing:

Troopers (Favorite - Location control on)
[Group A sites, total of 45 frequencies]
Hospitals (Favorite - Location control on)
Other Stuff

If the first one is optimal, then isn't it the case that in the case of trunked systems, one would ideally always create Favorites based on the System, and toggle Departments within it on & off. That way sites are never scanned more than once.

Thanks,
Mark

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Make only one favorite list for the system. Enable location control so only sites in range are scanned. Control what you hear by enabling only the service types of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.