Favorites Line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

bchappuie

Just wondering how you set up favorites. One list for whole area, with multiple systems, or unique favorite list per system. Not sure if one way or another makes scanning more efficient or quicker. I'm used to my PSR, which i have the list by department and system, and a single list for all the analog non-trunking stuff. The fun starts on Monday, but I've been building favorites, and setting profiles already.

SDavis90

I have mine as favorites 1, my city I live in. Like anything happening in the city limits only. In this system are departments of city, businesses, aviation, rail, and so on.... 2 is County I live in. Each sub system is a city or agency which may function within that county. 3 is neighboring metro county with large P25 system. 4 will comprise of each neighboring county as a subsystem, which touches my county I live in. So far it seems to work well for me.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Configuring Favorites Lists can be like deciding what color to paint the kitchen - so many different tastes come into play.

For me I set mine up sort of like "concentric circles". Stuff close to home is in one, then stuff a little farther out is in another, with a third being even larger. So most of the time I'm listening to FL1. Occasionally I'll also turn on FL2 and then sometimes FL3.

Then the wildcard is a particular agency I'm interested in paying special attention to. It has its own FL.

Definitely lots of ways to skin the cat on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.