HP-1: Favorites list not finding channels nearby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I am new to the HP1, and have looked for an answer to this question. I read the easier to read manual and think I am doing things correctly.

I recently tried creating favorite lists with some of the agencies from my USA data base in Home Patrol Sentinel, hoping to have a smaller list of frequencies to monitor and quicker scan through. For example, I created a favorites list where I cut and pasted all the aircraft frequencies so that I can find them when I go to the scanner manage favorites menu, as a tab to select from. I also created favorites for the business band and a specific list of my police dispatch bands. However, when I select one of my favorites from the scanner favorites menu, the scanner finds no channels in range for any of my lists.

I've tried changing location to the zip code of the airport itself with no luck. I am only 10 miles from the airport and my range is set to 30 miles. However, if I use the entire USA data base and select aircraft, or business or police etc, it works fine. What am i doing wrong in creating my favorites list using Home Patrol Sentinel? I did read something about the agency having to provide location info to the database or else the scanner does not know where it is, but as I said, it works fine if I download the entire database and select these same services.

Thanks in advance. Dan

JamesO

Most common trap when creating a Favorites List is the Service Type is wrong. If you create a Favorites List from scratch, the default Service Type in Sentinel for some stupid reason is "Custom 1".

You can try to just enable the Service Type "Custom 1" and see if the Favorites List works, if it does, then this is the problem.

Be careful in Sentinel as the drop box for the Service Type starts at the bottom, rather than the top and it can and does fool people all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.