Favorites List not Working as Expected

SafetyStealth

Hi all, my first post on this forum, feel free to ignore the italics part.

Hey y'all, I come from RDForum, and currently own:
  • Uniden SDS200
  • Uniden Pro501HH
  • Motorola XTS 5000R
  • Mobile ADS-B setup, UAT + ADS-B (978 MHz + 1090 MHz)
I recently moved to Nevada from the Great White North (Canada) and am optimizing my mobile setup. I joined this forum because of @mikeoxlong from the RDForum. Excited to be here, my knowledge of radio is limited, but I am excited to learn more and develop my knowledge without being too annoying to the rest of y'all!
OK, now to the issue I am facing:
  • Uniden SDS200, created a new Favourites List for my new location
  • When reading the Favourites List using the scanner, only 2/4 of my systems scan
  • I have verified that the Select Service Types are on
  • In the scanner, I can see all four systems in my Favourites List
  • However the scanner only scans 2/4 systems:
    • These 2 systems are conventional
    • The 2 systems not scanning are EDACS and P25
    • The 2 systems not scanning scan fine when I load in the full database
Any tips as to what I might be doing wrong here? Thank you so much in advance!

Solution
That worked like a charm! Thank you so very much!

What did you do differently!
Added all the EDACS frequencies with LCN (Wasn't aware it was an EDACS system, or didn't pay attention closely, in which all the frequencies are needed to trunk track). Utilized Quick Keys amongst a few other tweaks. When you have a chance, go through the programming and edit as you'd like. It's a starting point at least.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for this, looking to add this and see the following:

View attachment 140615

It's greyed out for adding to my favorites list. Is this expected behavior? Do I have to assign it elsewhere?

Thanks in advance!

I normally don't append, but you could add the site information via self programming. Edit..Edit Favorite List..under the System there's a tab for Site.

SafetyStealth

On the left pane, highlight the Site name, then in the right pane you'll be able to add it.
Thank you very much, loaded all these site in, and will test shortly.

For the Nevada Shared Radio System, I noticed a lot of sites!

1682293520708.png
I figured I would add just the Washoe sites. Just some general questions for my knowledge:

The red frequencies with a letter c, are control capable from my understanding. What does this mean in terms of my scanning ventures? How do these differ from the other site frequencies?

Is my understanding correct that each site uses all frequencies and switches them?

I do take a scan time loss by adding too many sites right? Do the sites just repeat what other sites are broadcasting?

Thanks in advance for helping this noob get up to speed :)

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Thank you very much, loaded all these site in, and will test shortly.

For the Nevada Shared Radio System, I noticed a lot of sites!

View attachment 140617
I figured I would add just the Washoe sites. Just some general questions for my knowledge:

The red frequencies with a letter c, are control capable from my understanding. What does this mean in terms of my scanning ventures? How do these differ from the other site frequencies?

Is my understanding correct that each site uses all frequencies and switches them?

I do take a scan time loss by adding too many sites right? Do the sites just repeat what other sites are broadcasting?

Thanks in advance for helping this noob get up to speed :)
Scroll down the County column, only put those within your county in. Red is primary, Blue is alternate, so program only red and blue. Yes, keep it local or within range. If you see DATA on top of the display, it's close enough to decode the radio traffic.

Side note...yes that's alot within the county. A little trick...click on the site name to the left, scroll down to the bubble, and see if you're within the bubble. Probably won't need them all in I suspect, but that's where you'll have to experiment. Good luck..you're all set it appears.

SafetyStealth

Scroll down the County column, only put those within your county in. Red is primary, Blue is alternate, so program only red and blue. Yes, keep it local or within range. If you see DATA on top of the display, it's close enough to decode the radio traffic.

Side note...yes that's alot within the county. A little trick...click on the site name to the left, scroll down to the bubble, and see if you're within the bubble. Probably won't need them all in I suspect, but that's where you'll have to experiment. Good luck..you're all set it appears.
Thank you! In this case, there are only red and black, so I would add just the control (in red) with the appropriate Logical Number?

I programmed the Washoe County Shared Radio System Peavine Site, and a single site for the EDACS (Nevada Shared Radio) Systems.

Programmed them onto the radio, and it is still not scanning them. Not sure what I am doing wrong here. Attached updated favorites list for reference:

Attachments

• N Nevada (updated with sites).zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 3

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Thank you! In this case, there are only red and black, so I would add just the control (in red) with the appropriate Logical Number?

I programmed the Washoe County Shared Radio System Peavine Site, and a single site for the EDACS (Nevada Shared Radio) Systems.

Programmed them onto the radio, and it is still not scanning them. Not sure what I am doing wrong here. Attached updated favorites list for reference:
I still don't see any sites programmed. Are you going into File Save once you complete any changes then writing to the scanner?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
That worked like a charm! Thank you so very much!

What did you do differently!
Added all the EDACS frequencies with LCN (Wasn't aware it was an EDACS system, or didn't pay attention closely, in which all the frequencies are needed to trunk track). Utilized Quick Keys amongst a few other tweaks. When you have a chance, go through the programming and edit as you'd like. It's a starting point at least.

Solution

SafetyStealth

Wow, thank you for doing this for me, I am looking into the programming now. I love the flashing blue light when there is open squelch.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Wow, thank you for doing this for me, I am looking into the programming now. I love the flashing blue light when there is open squelch.
Yea, that's sort of my "programming signature" I do for others too by using the Alerts Lights. "I'll always know it's your programming with those alert lights"..LOL. I also add audio to the talkgroups/channels via Volume Offset. You can edit if needed. Systems/Sites/Departments are all given Quick Keys too.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Weird - it wouldn't scan before.

Maybe I need to make a trip to the car again to make sure it is still scanning. For some reason I am under the impression your favorites file fixed it. Will verify tomorrow morning.
Ok, you have a starting point now, hopefully it will resolve some of the issues. Edit as needed..