Favorites List

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

In a favorites list how many Systems / Departments should you have ? For example I have xxxxxxx Police Department, I have 12 systems and 13 departments and at least 5 channels to each department .

Thanks

tvengr

Well Known Member
You set it up the way you want. You can organize favorites lists by county, state, region, or service types such as aircraft, railroads, etc. Favorites lists, systems, departments, and sites can all be controlled by quick keys. You can put all 12 systems in the same favorites list.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
In a favorites list how many Systems / Departments should you have ? For example I have xxxxxxx Police Department, I have 12 systems and 13 departments and at least 5 channels to each department .

Thanks
There is no hard and fast rule. It's all personal preference. I have a couple of lists, for my metro area (DFW) with several times the number of systems and channels in your example.

A better question would be how do you want to divide them up. One list for your home city and/or county, with additional lists for the counties around yours? One list of only fire related systems and channels, a different one for law enforcement? One for state agencies, or just for state police?

Splitting them up, you could give each list a different quick key, so that you can turn individual lists off (avoid them), (If you are speaking of one of the Home Patrol scanners, HP-1 or HP-2, you would not be able to use quick keys.)

For agencies on your state's system, AIRS, it's better, in terms of scanning speed, not to create separate copies of the system, like one system (on AIRS) for local agencies, another system on AIRS for a neighboring county or specific agency, and so on. That would apply whether all of the systems were on one Favorites list, or a separate list for each. The scanner takes a short period of time to check the system for sites it can receive, something in the 1 to 1.5 second range. If you have several copies of AIRS, that initial period begins to stack up & lengthen the amount of time it takes to get through what you have programmed. But you still could toggle various systems on the Favorites list on or off with Department quick keys.

tvengr

Well Known Member
But you still could toggle various systems on the Favorites list on or off with Department quick keys.

Just to avoid confusion, you have 100 quick keys for systems in each favorites list. In each system, you have 100 quick keys which are shared by departments and sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.