Favourite movie from each decade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude111

Try to list ONLY ONE per decade as the list might get long :D

1930s: The Wizard Of Oz (1939)

1940s: Its a wonderful life (1946)

1950s: Journey to the center of the earth (1959)

1960s: You only live twice (1967)

1970s: Star Wars (1977)

1980s: Real Genius (1985)

1990s: Entrapment (1999)

2000s: None really

2010s: None

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
( sorry cant pick just one )

1960 - True Grit = Great actors and cast, I especially like the scenery, and John Wayne character

1970 - Patton = Great music, and drama. The life and times along with the difficulties of being a "Professional Soldier"......which is one of the greatest occupations in the world. George C Scotts character "Patton" and his triumphs and falls....and his eagerness to get the job done......sometimes setting the example. The boldness and tenacity that George Scotts character had. The ever changing stress with his co-workers and subordinate commanders. One minute they hated him, the next minute they loved him, but he always got picked for the job. I look at the job of the writers in the movie and the script they produce. I observe the lead character(s) and their impact on the movie and audience. I like to tear away at set design and authenticity, and in the case of "Patton"......how well the advisors were at making the movie adhere to the accuracy of history and the event. Was the movie completed as a group, or was it done with everyone being "separate".

1980 - Predator - A good action movie. I was partial to "Billy" and his ability to "See beyond" ; noticing things that his other comrades did not.

1990 - Tombstone = Kurt Russell was the main character, and to me every thing revolved around him. Once a lawman he wants to settle down and spend time with his wife and brothers. Start a fresh life and do well in business. "Wyatt Earps" peers change that, and with all the toils and troubles they start.....in the end they loose - finally disbanding...and in a few short years they meet their demise. The "Ora" of the whole movie, how antique and "dusty" everything looked was great...the set designers done well in my opinion. I think the whole "Lodnum" was blown out of proportion though.

2000 - Bourne Trilogy & Run Away Jury = Jason Bourne on his own, surviving the best way he knows how. Jason Bourne is the best thing since James Bond. With mental and sometimes physical difficulties he ends up succeeding and in the end......takes down those whom done him wrong and wants to do him in.

Run Away Jury is a GREAT legal thriller of that time era....and as always Gene Hackman delivers. Twists and turns.......It is a good film for a dinner on the couch and beverages. Snack food - vegitables and dip. Hackman as always delivers a great performance. It is a film.....on screen, that shows how sneaky, untrustworthy and double handed some people can be.....and that some people just need to be watched. The writers of this movie done an exceptional job on the script.

Man On Fire - An exceptional movie that produces a young girl giving a man the will to live, and that there are more things to look out for in life. "Pita" shows "John Creasy" that she is smart, articulate and deductive. She proves to her body guard that there are more things in life than disaster and pain. When "Pita" is kidnapped her bodyguard "Creasy" ( Denzil Washington ) goes on a headhunt delivering justice to those whom caused harm. Being her mentor, father figure and eventually close friend...he seeks revenge on thse that kidnapped her. Pita was a dislike in the beginning for the little girl he was charged with protecting, but in the end he finds an unbreakable bond of love. Finally finding out in the end she is alive, he trades his life for hers.....but in doing so causes almost irrepariable damage to the kidnapping network ). Just as in the movie "Crimson Tide" Washington is brilliant and smart.

2010 - Safe House = A good action movie that shows the Government and interrogation. Although I believe this movie mimicked and copied some other movies ( Jason Bourne for just one example ) , Denzel Washington goes the distance in playing a spy for the United States Government. In the end......again he is killed ; but his protégé takes out the trash.

FF - Medic !!!!

Last edited:

Dude111

Yes I have the original part 1 and 2 of Star wars on VHS! (Nothing digital/NO CHANGES)

I am looking for the 3rd one!!

Star wars - THE BEST 3 PART MOVIE EVER MADE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.