Favourites Lists and Location Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I always thought you could enable Location Control for a Favourites List and have a mix of Systems within your Favourites List that have locations and some that have no locations?

I have a Favourites List with 5 Systems. 4 of those Systems are trunking systems with locations for Sites and Departments. The 5th System is a conventional system with no locations.

I noticed my conventional system wasn't being scanned with Location Control set to on. I turned it off and now everything in my Favourites List is being scanned.

Enabling Sites with Quickkeys isn't an option. There's just too many sites per system.

I suppose the easiest thing to do is setup the conventional system with a large coverage area.

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
"0,0" is a valid location.. off the coast of Africa.

If you want "no locations" in a single system or department, you have to set a fixed point that you will never realistically roam out of (i.e. your home lat/long with a radius of 1000 miles).

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A while back I asked a similar question. Upman said that 0.00 lat and 0.00 long is a valid location.

Older Uniden scanners would treat, if I remember correctly 0/0 as "not location controlled" thus always be on.

The newer models (HP series) will need to have a "correct" location - something other than 0/0. And, like you suppose setting a large range is the fix.

Once I went back and changed my 0/0 "stuff" and setting a desirable range, everything was being scanned as desired.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I went back in and put a phony location in with a large range.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.