Fawn Lake/Spotsylvania

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
Greetings,

Does anyone have any frequency info on the Fawn Lake Development/Country Club? I know they have security, etc but I have not been able to locate anything in the RR or FCC data base. Just inquiring in case I missed something or anyone has any suggestions or first hand info.
Thanks!

dtscho

Database Admin
You might want to try 461.8500. That is licensed (WPEA898) to NTS Inc., which manages Fawn Lake. Let us know if you hear anything and/or get a PL tone. Thanks.

Dave

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
Dave & Alan,

Thank you very much for the information. I am about 1 mile from Fawn Lake so I should be able to hear radio traffic if it is active and I will let you know.

Thanks again,
David

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
FYI,

I have been monitoring 461.8500 all week at various times for extended periods of time. Thus far I have not heard any radio traffic at all. Since I am only a mile away I should be able to hear something. I'm not sure if this frequency is still used at Fawn Lake or if something else is going on. Just thought I would pass along my findings for what it is worth.

Thanks,
David

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
Thanks David. By the way, what are you using to monitor? By any chance one of the scanners with Close Call or Signal Stalker? Was thinking maybe you could use that to find an active frequency if you have the capability. I also wonder just how active the channel would be there. I am rarely out that way as I live east of Fburg off of Tidewater Trail. Let us know if you find anything.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
Hi Alan,
I have a BCD396T so I can use the close call feature. Also, you are probably right as far as very little radio traffic. It is pretty quiet out this way and since that is a gated community there is not much going on. I will let you know if I turn up anything.
Thanks again,
David

dtscho

Database Admin
Recently, I have heard 461.8500 [ d023] active from my location in Spotsylvania near Chancellor High School. The traffic is sporadic, and the signal is weak. They mentioned a greenhouse one time.

I am continuing to monitor this frequency, and will hopefully be able to determine whether it is Fawn Lake. It comes in so weak, however, that sometimes it's difficult to even hear what they're saying.

Dave

dtscho

Database Admin
More info: late last night I heard units saying they were "back on patrol." I guess some kind of security is on this frequency, at least at night.

Dave

dtscho

Database Admin
I think we can pretty much confirm that 461.8500 [ d023] is used by Fawn Lake. Yesterday, I heard them mention a marina, and talking about giving speeding tickets/using radar. The signal was kind of weak even close to Fawn Lake, but I think it's them.

Dave

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
dtscho, I will monitor some more since I am closer and see what I come up with. It is probably Fawn Lake but I have not tried to listen in a while.

lemish, Fawn Lake is a private gated community in Spotsylvania. They have security and do work radar. However, they only issue administrative/HOA tickets. They are not real ones you have to go to court for and they do not have law enforcement powers.

A

ACU1000

When Dodson (ex-Trooper) ran the secuity there they were Conservators of the Peace and ran radar, etc. If they are not Conservators of the Peace anymore, I don't think they can use radar?

For some reason I am thinking there is or was something in the FCC Rules & Regulations concerning licensing or use of radar (for speed measurement or otherwise.) Anyone know for sure?

I do know many trucking companies in Virginia have radars in their safety officers cars for that. VSP F/SGT Holland (Division I) has a son that is the safety director for Shoosmith Brothers, Inc., located in Chesterfield County, that has one in his assigned company vehicle for checking speeds of their vehicles.

Many years ago (1973) there was a guy in Montgomery County that had one mounted in his vehicle and also had a scanner. Anytime a Trooper was dispatched to something this citizen would set up and check their speed which had a camera attached inside and showed a picture of the car and speed displayed on the picture as they went through. One of the clippings came out in Roanoke-Times Dispatch showing Trooper Gibbs (now retired) operating his 1973 Plymouth with a speed of 83 MPH. Gibbs was going to meet another Trooper for lunch.

Speed measurement devices used on public roadways for other than law-enforcement purposes should be prohibited if it isn’t already!

Anyone know if there is an FCC rule on this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.