Fayette County Fire/EMS Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

WuLabsWuTecH

Does anyone know the Fayette County Fire and EMS tones?

The county wiki page is kind of a mess and I'm pretty sure each vehicle on some departments doesn't have it's own set of tones!

Thanks

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Does anyone know the Fayette County Fire and EMS tones?

The county wiki page is kind of a mess and I'm pretty sure each vehicle on some departments doesn't have it's own set of tones!

The ones that are there are correct; they have been logged and confirmed several times.

Back in the day many departments had (and still have) multiple paging tone pairs, one for fire only and one for EMS only at each station.

SCPD

QRT
tones

as well as one township with multiple stations would have different tones for different stations to open pagers, monitors. Listen to Madison County, they have tones per station/ services all over the county

WuLabsWuTecH

Most of the departments actually make sense to me now that I take a closer look. I guess most of my confusion comes from the 700 numbers. I was under the impression there were 3 stations-1 main and 2 satellite, but there are 11 sets of tones for them. Even if each station had a station call, EMS call, and Fires call (not sure why they would have a fire call...) that still leaves 2 extra sets of tones.

Since the max up until now was 8 addresses (and now its 10) in a given pager, I'm just surprised they have that many tones when there was probably a better way of doing it?

I'm also looking at Madison County's wiki page and it seems that the only departments that have 2 sets of tones are those that do fire and EMS (I presume one for fire and one for EMS).

Status
Not open for further replies.